ATTN: Everyone who seems to be having issues with this new format

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanner
Who's up to the challenge to write a firefox addon for AW?

Fourtitude has firevortex which you can block things do other neat things...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3046153

Unfortunately my programming skills aren't good enough to take up this challenge....
Why bother? We could just go to AZ or vortex now. What's so special about this place anymore?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Uh.... right, you expect people here go to AZ/Fourtitude when it's been made clear that people hate those formats and prefer kawf?

I go to the other sites due to the different content. motorsports stuff on Fourtitude is different enough from AW, and well, Audizine, is just unique in it's own way that I visit, no different than here. I have found other technical information on Fourtitude that wasn't mentioned here in the other forums, so each has it's value.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1.8TQ99.5
Why bother? We could just go to AZ or vortex now. What's so special about this place anymore?
This place has the most lively bunch and the most active fourms than both AZ and Vortex combined. This is all based on my interaction with the TT and Canadian foums.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's hilarious the bitching and complaining. Some of them sound like my 2 year old when he doesn't get his way.

I think everyone should be a little patient and give it a chance. Let them work out the problems. I personally love the new format and didn't like the old one. I certainly know I am going to contribute more now, there is a reason most forums follow the vB format. Because it works.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by [KRAFTIG]
This place has the most lively bunch and the most active fourms than both AZ and Vortex combined. This is all based on my interaction with the TT and Canadian foums.
...this place "had" the most lively bunch...

whether that will continue is very much up in the air.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's like any systematic changes when IT pushes out a change to end users. Initially they don't like it. Kick and scream. Then after a few weeks, things settles down and things more or less return to normal then everybody realizes that it makes sense. Oh and that change was called SAP! Changes to people's way of working are always the most difficult things to change.

Of course this change isn't SAP so time will tell whether things returns to normal or not.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default REALLY NOT HAPPY with this format. Takes away from what aworld was all about.

I can see lots of new features but the overall format is really not pleasant. Hard to use and navigate. Perhaps its good as an overall information repository but it takes away that "chat" like feeling.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I definitely miss the old format where you could see a thread and jump to just the posts I want to read. Now I have to scroll through every post.

Theres always going to be pushback with change like this. Lets give them a chance to see if its tweaked.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DB/S4 to the rescue...?

Who's up to the challenge to write a firefox addon for AW?
I may work on it... I'll have to use FireFox's local-storage to allow inline-expansion of posts and to have a threaded-view. Also, because people don't post the same was on vB as they do on Kawf (esp with regard to having title-only messages), it may not even work out.

The thing is, I don't have much free time to work on this stuff.

I used to have a plug-in for FF for AW before, that collapsed its already-slim format to add even more info into it:

Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's like any systematic changes when IT pushes out a change to end users. Initially they don't like it. Kick and scream. Then after a few weeks, things settles down and things more or less return to normal then everybody realizes that it makes sense. Oh and that change was called SAP! Changes to people's way of working are always the most difficult things to change.

Of course this change isn't SAP so time will tell whether things returns to normal or not.
I agree with you, however in the case of SAP users don't have a choice. Here they do.

Also, it's could be like the new Coke. The new AW might eventually get accepted, or it might die.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Everyone who seems to be having issues with this new format