Anyone else get screwed around for dealer servicing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else get screwed around for dealer servicing?

I have been back to the dealer so many times for the same repairs. Some days, they don't even work on my car and then I have to come back again, other times they don't have the parts and I have to come back again. Sometimes, they don't do the work on site or there are some special circumstances and I need to come back. Just today, I learned form the dealer that something that was supposed to be fixed almost two months ago is getting declined by AoA.

Each time, I have to make arrangements, take shuttles, ask for drives, etc. This dealership has consumed so much of my time and effort.

Ironically, they sent me a letter with coupons. On the letter it stated that they valued my time and do everything based upon appointments. They say that they contact you when it won't be done on time. I've found out that on occasion, my car has sat in their parking lot all day with nothing being done to it. Don't tell me to be there at 8:00 a.m. if you aren't going to work on it all day.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:17 AM

I've had that happen to me once or twice at my stealership!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I find that it's a growing problem. It seems they are getting worse every year :(

I guess that's the downside of growing Audi popularity: less concern about after-sales customer service since they 'know' their product is in demand.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You're not the only one! My dealership IGNORES my request to have specific parts fixed!

Im in Montreal and my dealership is in Brossard everytime I ask them to fix my dashboard lights and its one year that it is having this problem. I know exactly how you feel and believe me it's become a huge inconvinence for me to go back and forth and not have anything done properly!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to hear about your issues with you dealer......

I guess the new Calgary dealer is pretty good in comparison, they've fixed pretty everything I asked them to, with the odd times that I have to come back due to parts not in stock, but they're always happy to drive me to and from the dealer, and call me during the day to let me know the progress.

It's true Audi's getting more popular, but I think their sales are declining starting last year, just like all other European brands.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:51 AM
eVo

Default Don't ever go to Audi Bramgate!!

They charged me $300.00 just to tell me my airbag light was on because there was moisture underneith the driver's side seat affecting the control module.

This I already knew!! I just wanted them to reset the airbag light, not spend 3 hrs of labour to "diagnose" the problem and not fix it.

That guy Brian sounds nice at first but after you complain about the bill he's not so friendly anymore.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:25 AM

Default i've always had great experiences wtih Bramgate

as far as dealerships go...Brian is really nice and Bruce is a great mechanic. you know it also helps to be *nice* to the people who are servicing your car...

but now that i've been out of warranty for a while, I just go to Jamie at Eurotech - I'm hooked!

kris
Old 06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default And I thought is only me cause I didn't buy the car there...

Sorry to hear about your problems with the dealer, I experienced the same thing myself for the most part. I thought most of it is because I didn't buy the car there, thus wasn't given a loaner and feel they often put my car at the end of the day's work list, thus car is sitting there half the day untouched while I await in the "customer lounge".

With the crowds at the dealership these days, is already hard enough to get an appointment, on top of that, they are busy enough dealing with the newer car for servicing, so don't feel like they care much for customer satisfaction.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Absolutely!!

I've been to almost every Audi dealership in the Toronto area (including Newmarket's H.J. Pfaff) - none of them are good - they don't really give a damn about their customers. I've been very nice to the service people and they still don't seem to care much. BTW, I don't even know why the customer needs to be nice to have anything done - shouldn't it be the other way around - i.e. the service department should be nice to the customer! If I want to have something done, I need to be extra nice to the service departments in addition to having to pay them?? What has this world come to?

On the other hand, MB's service department has always treated me very nicely and they always get the job done right. If I'm not satisfied, they'll make sure that the problem(s) will be resolved quickly.

I think it's about time Audi starts considering to have corporate owned dealerships - like all MB retail locations (all corporate owned) and BMW is also starting to have corporate owned dealerships (BMW Toronto) too.

I think corporate owned dealerships is the only way to ensure consistent and quality service - Audi's reputation is more important to corporate owned dealerships, afterall - these dealerships are owned by Audi!

For non-corporate owned dealerships (i.e. all the existing ones), the bottomline is more important than anything else - every dollar they earned goes to the dealer principal's pocket.

Also, MB's parts department seems to always have parts in stock - Audi dealerships never have anything in stock - everything needs to be ordered - this is obviously due to the fact that the individual dealerships don't want to carry a huge inventory (afterall, it's the dealer principal's money!). Although ordering parts takes a few days, it nevertheless is an inconvenience to the customer.

Audi Canada - are you listening??
Old 06-12-2004, 08:28 PM

I stopped going to certain dealers for less than that!

Quick Reply: Anyone else get screwed around for dealer servicing?