Planning a trip from Chicago to Canada. What do i need to think of other than CAN Dollars..? ;))

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning a trip from Chicago to Canada. What do i need to think of other than CAN Dollars..? ;))

Well, first - i will start with the most important stuff. I like to drive fast. Is Canadian Police pretty strict about the speeding(if any comparison to Illinois or other US states)? How is police overall in Canada? Kind, "not so much", big fines, often seen on roads..? I dont see any speed camera's in Chicago, there is however bunch of stop light cameras in the city. Whats the deal with those? Especially those Speed Traps! I'm thinking about the "NavAlert".

How about "tipsy" behind the wheel after a bar or something? What is the limit/tollerance, if any? Another thing is - me and my friend are 19 and 20 y.o. Are U.S. Driverse License OK? Car registered under parents name, any issues with that?

I dont have a license plate up front. It is required in IL, but i manage to live w/out it. Anything to be aware of?

ANY inputs are HIGHLY APRRECIATED !
Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to drive "fast" and "tipsy", stay in Chicago!!! We don't need reckless drivers!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Ontario Provincial Police will excercise a no tolerence policy

they are ruthless in setting up speed traps on our roads, will hand out huge fines (possibly jail time) and approach all traffic violations with a 'take no prisoners' attitude.

Better just stay in Chi-Town.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Suggestion

If you're drinking, call a cab. Is it worth it to drink a few then drive and risk getting pulled over by the cops or worse yet killing somebody? Better yet, given your age, if you're planning to drink, leave the car at the hotel and take the TTC public transportation or taxi.

Plate - you'll be fine here since you're out of province.

NavAlert, it's a waste of money. Don't run red lights first of all, nothing more I hate than drivers running through red lights, what's the point anyways right?

Speeding, why risk it if you don't want to get caught right? There's some leniency in how fast you can go on the highways around Toronto but typically if you're going with the flow of traffic and not driving like a jack *** you won't attract any attention but don't take my word for it. Other non-major highway where the speed limit is 80km/h, there is pretty well no tolerance depending on the time of day.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We'll be sure and let them know to expect you

Dumbass. What made you think it was smart to ask a question about coming to our country to break a bunch of laws and endanger people's lives driving drunk?

There are lots of spot checks looking for drunk drivers, your odds of getting caught are nice and high. If you like to run red lights, you're not long for this earth anyways, but that's enforced as well. The 401, which you need to take from Chicago to Toronto, is speed trap central for the first few hundred kilometres after you cross the border, excessive speeding will be expensive.

Stay in Chicago.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default God, I hope you don't even survive to cross the border

Keep your drunk driving *** in the states thank you very much.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks! I'll forward to my land border pal, no front plate TT/90/A6 from IL = denied entry to Canada
Old 05-10-2007, 06:00 AM

STFOC (Stay the)
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fvck
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Stay in Chicago. If you plan on being a jerk like that...

you'll more than likely get caught, fined and arrested.
Plus, you wouldn't want your mommy to find out you're doing all these naughty things and take away your driving privileges.

Quick Reply: Planning a trip from Chicago to Canada. What do i need to think of other than CAN Dollars..? ;))