Had the V & S short shifter installed last Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the V & S short shifter installed last Friday...

Sergio found the time to install it for me when he came down for the GP.
I LOOOOOOOOVE it. I recommend it to anyone.
Nice, precise, short and smooth.
Beside a chip, it is a definate must have.

Thanks to Sergio again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Group buy on until June 24 ... I wish I was in TO for them to install ...

doing myself would be a challenge and require a few more tools ...<ul><li><a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/sergio.silva/V_S_Automotive_Performance/V_S_shifter_group_buy_information.htm">http://www3.sympatico.ca/sergio.silva/V_S_Automotive_Performance/V_S_shifter_group_buy_information.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 06-17-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Can you please post the info on the GB here?

For some reason my office firewall is blocking me from that link...

Thanks,
Old 06-17-2004, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default post info - Cut and Paste

V&amp;S SHORT THROW SHIFTER

PURCHASE/GROUP BUY INFORMATION

UPDATED MAY 24, 2004

We have had a very large number of people interested in purchasing our shifter. We have, therefore, put together this simple webpage.

LATEST GROUP BUY UPDATES

There is currently a group buy in effect. This group buy was started on May 24, 2004, and will continue until June 24, 2004, unless we decide to extend that date further.

Please continue checking this webpage for any updates, as well as an expected shipping date for those that are involved in this group buy. At this time, we are expecting to have the shifters completed within 4 to 6 weeks, or, near the end of June.

If you are interested in participating in the current group buy, please let us know as soon as you can. We usually make shifters in batches of 30 or 40. Most end up being sold before the end of the group buy, therefore, it is important that we know ahead of time. You can reach me by email, at silvasn@hotmail.com . If you cannot reach me at that email address, please try my alternate email: sergio.silva@sympatico.ca

We have uploaded a video clip that compares our V&amp;S shifter, to the Audi A4 factory shifter. The vehicle used in this video clip is a 1999.5 Audi A4 that did not come equipped with the push-down feature from the factory. The clip can be seen by clicking below:

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK, AND CHOOSE SAVE TARGET AS.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sergio.silva/V_S_Automotive_Performance/Shifter_video.wmv

APPLICATION:

The shifter fits all 1996 to 2001 Audi A4s.

1996 to 1999.5 vehicles came equipped from the factory with the push-down for reverse feature.

Some 1999.5 and all 2000 and newer Audi A4s came with the updated non-pushdown shifter.

Our shifter was designed to replace both of these types of shifters..

BACKGROUND:

We are Audi A4 (B5) owners that decided to make our own shifter, since the OEM Audi shifter is not up to par with enthusiasts like ourselves. It lacks feedback and has severe side to side clearance.

We work in the tool-and-die trade for one of the largest companies in London, ON.

Our employer agreed to let us use the CNC lathes and mills to manufacture our shifters, at a small cost.

The name V&amp;S corresponds to the initials for our last names (Vieira and Silva).

THE SHIFTER:

Our shifter was designed by me (Silva) using AutoDesk Inventor 6.0.

The shifter has gone through a few different minor design changes, to enable us to offer a refined shifter that will last for years to come, in the most severe conditions.

The shifter provides a minimum 40% reduction in throws (about 42%, to be exact). As far as we know, this is the highest reduction of any shifter for the A4 on the market today.

This is achieved by eliminating the push-down feature on vehicles that originally had a push-down shifter.

Eliminating the pushdown feature has, in no way, affected the ability to engage reverse gear.
It has not compromised the safety of preventing reverse gear from being engaged when downshifting from fifth.
The transmission in most vehicles, including ours, is manufactured with a reverse lock-out feature built in, to prevent reverse from being engaged while driving in forward gears.
For 2000 and newer A4s, the reduction in shift throws is also at least 40%.

The shifter ball has been oversized by .005", to remove the play present in the factory plastic ball/socket assembly.

The finished product is in our minds nothing short of a masterpiece, especially since it was designed, and manufactured by us.

MANUFACTURING PROCESS:

The shifter is manufactured entirely of T-6061 Aluminium.

An Oil-lite<sup>TM</sup> oil impregnated bronze bushing is used in the shaft, where it acts as the fulcrum point for the shifter rod and fork assembly.

Our shifters are machined using a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) lathe, as well as CNC two-axis mills. This process enables us to provide consistent repeatability in the manufacturing process, and enables us to achieve tolerances of less then .002".

The parts are test-fitted, de-burred, and then lightly polished (not as shiny as the pictures below).

THIS IS THE NEWEST DESIGN VERSION OF OUR SHIFTER.

THE PICTURES BELOW SHOW A HIGH SPEED POLISHED VERSION OF OUR SHIFTER.

HOW GROUP BUYS WILL WORK:

Group buys of 10 persons or more, can receive a discounted price on our shifter. It takes a very long time to set a machine up to make one shifter. Therefore, making 10 or more shifters becomes more efficient and productive for us.
Group buy prices will be honoured for 30 days from the start of the group buy, unless there is a higher demand.
In the case of more then expected demand, we may extend the closing date for the group buy, to allow others interested to place their orders at the discounted price.
We ask that you make a minimum 10% down payment, through PAYPAL, when placing an order for a group buy. An invoice will be emailed to you when we receive your deposit. A second email invoice will be sent once the remaining balance has been paid. We will also send two V&amp;S decals with each shifter.
If you choose to pay the full amount in one transaction, we will discount $5 off the total price of the shifter.

PRICING:

UNITED STATES PRICING: (January 2004)

Single shifter:

The pricing of individual orders for our shifter has been set at $139 in US funds.

We charge $20 in US funds for express shipping (5 business days or less), applicable to anywhere in the Continental US.

Group buys:

Pricing for group buys of 10 persons or more, is $119 in US funds, per shifter.

Same price on shipping, $20 in US funds for express shipping (5 business days or less) to anywhere in the Continental US.

IF YOU PAY THE FULL AMOUNT IN ONE TRANSACTION, A $5 DISCOUNT APPLIES. TOTAL PRICE WITH DISCOUNT: $134US.

CANADIAN PRICING: (January 2004)

Single shifter:

Canadian customers can purchase the shifter for $189 (Canadian funds, taxes and shipping included in price).

Express Post Shipping to anywhere in Canada is included in the price, and takes 2-3 days.

Local buyers can choose to drive to our place, and have the shifter installed for the same price that others pay for the shifter and shipping ($189CDN).

Group buys:

Canadian price is $169 (Canadian funds, taxes included), per shifter.

Express Post Shipping to anywhere in Canada is included in the price, and takes 2-3 days.

Again, local buyers can have the shifter installed for the same cost others pay for the shifter and shipping ($169CDN).

INTERNATIONAL ORDER PRICING: (January 2004)

If you are wishing to purchase a shifter outside Canada or the US, please email me at silvasn@hotmail.com to discuss shipment methods/pricing.

For reference, express (one week) shipping to Europe costs us $30US, or about 25 Euros. The pricing is set by the shipping company, and could change at any time. This is only a reference. This is the same price that we charge to our customers.

PAYMENT METHODS:

Our preferred method of payment is through PAYPAL. PAYPAL is an online, secure method of transferring funds from a credit card or bank account to someone else's Paypal Account. Go to www.paypal.com and find out more.
The PAYPAL ID to forward payments to is: silvasn@hotmail.com .
If you wish to pay through a different method, please let me know ahead of time, so we can make payment arrangements.
Orders will need to be paid in full before the shifter is shipped to you.
As soon as payment has been received and cleared, you will be notified by email.
This email will contain an invoice, which you can print for your records.
A tracking number for the package will be emailed to you.
We will send two V&amp;S shifters decals with each shifter shipment.

WARRANTY/RETURNS:

We are very confident that our product is second to none in build quality and feel.

Therefore, we are offering a 30 day money-back guarantee (not including the shipping) if you are not completely satisfied.

We are also offering a one-year FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY against premature wear or failure from manufacturing or material defects.

You must contact us prior to returning any shipment. An original invoice must accompany the shifter upon return. We will inspect the shifter for any damage from abuse, a bad installation, or any other signs of misuse.

INSTALLATION:

A very detailed, step-by-step installation instruction webpage can be viewed by clicking below:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sergio.silva/V_S_Automotive_Performance/Shifter_installation.htm

I hope that I have answered most of the questions any of you have about our shifter. If you have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to email me at silvasn@hotmail.com, or sergio.silva@sympatico.ca , and I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely manner.

Thank you for your interest in our product, and have a great day.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:09 PM

i sent that guy an e-mail,but he didn't reply, do you know if they have application for b6??