A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

The (un)Official A6 Bluetooth Phone Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Treo 650

Dave,

Do you get a loud feed-back noise sometimes when placing a call, just before "connect?"
Old 03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

New software is more consistant. No additional features.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Motorola is awful

Of course they haven't responded to the support post I put in and when I tried calling them yesterday the individual on the phone was not just uninterested in helping but was stupid to the point of it actually amazing me that he was capable of getting himself out of bed and out the door to work without drooling all over himself. Basically he wanted to tell me all I could do was send the phone to Motorola, he couldn't tell me what they would do with it or anything. I asked about a firmware upgrade and basicallly got silence (I think I may have heard drooling sounds) and then he mumbled something about there not being any other firmware for the phone (translation, he didn't know). GRRR bad tech support really ticks me off.

On a positive note Audi is calling me back in the next 30 minutes. I'll let you all know how that goes.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Spoke to Audi... disappointing

Basically denied the existence of any newer MMI software which seems to not exactly be the case given that wilfred2k5 clearly has a higher version number than most of us seem to have.

I still have an appointment to meet with an audi tech at a dealership in a week or two so hopefully he will have some better ideas and be more helpful. The "bluetooth expert" at Audi seemed to be the expert at saying "too bad, we don't support it right now" I was VERY disappointed with the service I got from her especially after the previous person I spoke with got me thinking that they were actually interested in making things better which clearly ended up not being the case.

GRR...
Old 03-30-2005, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Confirmed I don't have this option...

Another thought, wilfred2k5 what country are you in? I'm wondering if your newer MMI software is related to that...
Old 03-30-2005, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ok

sent ANOTHER email to Audi about this.. this time included all the details about different MMI software that people here seem to have and asked for a more thorough explanation... let's see where we get. I'm really going to be pissed if I have to switch to a V551 or something else to get good phone functionality.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the US...Northern California. You have a 4.2 too, so that can't be it.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok, good, that tells me this has to be solvable.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default PIN / passcode for handsfree is 1234

I typed 1234 for the PIN and it worked. I don't know if any PIN would work, or if that's the default on the Audi and I got lucky. I'm actually curious how to change the PIN to be more secure. I can't find it in the MMI, too lazy to look through the manual.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Official response from Motorola...disappointing that they aren't willing to contact Audi

Don't they realize how many brownie points they could win with nearly every C6 owner on the forum if they can make the "end call" work? Maybe I should contact Cingular and let them know they have dozens of customers who would be using RAZR's if Motorola would just contact Audi and work through the problem.

EVERYONE, PLEASE CALL Motorola AND/OR visit their tech support site and file a complaint/request for resolution. Multiple times, if possible. (Kinda like vote early; vote often).

The Motorola RAZR V3 phone is capable to connect with different Bluetooth devices, but the compatibilities may vary. The supported profiles of the Motorola phone are:
ï,· •Headset Profile (HS)
ï,· •Handsfree Profile (HFP)
ï,· •Dialup Networking Profile (DUN)
ï,· Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
ï,· Object Push Profile (OPP)
ï,· Generic Access Profile (GAP)
ï,· File Transfer Profile server FTP only (FTP)

You can check directly with Audi to see about the profiles supported and also if they fully support the Motorola RAZR phone.
Also, with the information provided, we will send your feed back directly to our software technicians to have it in consideration in future firmware update for the cellular phone.

We are looking forward to assist you. Just write us back or contact our Customer Care Center directly at 1-800-331-6456 so that a Customer Care Professional can better assist you. Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM CST and also Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM CST.

Thank you for contacting Motorola E-mail support and remember to visit us in our Web Site www.hellomoto.com.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The (un)Official A6 Bluetooth Phone Thread