Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

An intro to DetailedImage.com, a new forum sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An intro to DetailedImage.com, a new forum sponsor

About Detailed Image:
I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my business to the AudiWorld community. My name is George Dushensky, co-owner and co-founder of Detailed Image, a new automotive car care sponsor on AudiWorld. We sponsor various automotive and detailing forums and our primary objective is to help educate car enthusiasts on how to properly care for your vehicle(s) and select the right combination of products to meet your specific goals. At Detailed Image, we offer a wide variety of high quality products that we hand selected to meet and exceed the needs of detailing enthusiasts. With each order we also take great pride in our outstanding customer service to help you get the products quickly and safely. If you need help before, during or after any purchase we'll be here for you. We welcome Private Messages and e-mails so we can help you with detailing tips, proper techniques, product selection, and more.

What to expect from us on the forum?
I'm excited to interact with as many of you as possible. I generally check the forum at least once a day so if you have any questions for me you should hear back in one business day or less. My experience as a professional detailer allows me to provide input on how to get the most out of your detail work and helping solve specific detailing problems you may have. I'll be answering questions you post on the forum, and when relevant, I'll link to a product that I think could help get you the results you are looking for. I know there is a lot of great information already on here, my goal is to help keep this detailing resource growing.

About DetailedImage.com:

Daily Specials
One unique feature we have on DetailedImage.com is our Daily Special. Every day, a new product is randomly selected and put on sale for 24 hours only (EST). The Daily Special is always posted first thing on our home page, and I'll also be starting a new thread posting the Daily Specials. If you want to be instantly notified, we offer an e-mail subscription when you register on our site. If you already have an account with us you can add or delete this option on your "My Account" page. These deals typically range between 20 - 30% off.

Monthly Specials:
Every month we select a couple of our favorite items to put on sale at a great price. These deals start on the 1st of each month and run until the last day of every month. Our monthly specials can always be found on our homepage and I'll also create a thread announcing them each month.

Newsletter Specials:
If you are on our newsletter list you will get notifications of our specials and you'll get some exclusive discounts and savings as well. To subscribe to our newsletter, simply register for an account on DetailedImage.com and make sure that the field Subscribe to Newsletters is set to Yes. Newsletter subscribers are also the first to know when we run certain promotions.

Free Contests:
We always have free contests running at Detailed Image. No purchase is necessary, but an account on our site is required to participate. We always announce our winner(s) on our blog, as well as in our newsletters. At the end of March we'll be pulling a winner for a jar of Dodo Juice Supernatural v2 200ml wax, a $129.99 value. Registering only takes about 1 - 2 minutes. Good luck!

Discount Codes:
We offer forum members discount codes to use any purchase at DetailedImage.com. We want to always offer you 10% off any purchase simply by using the discount code 10offAW . If there are any other promotions or codes running at the time, I'll be sure to post a thread about them.

Ordering:
We ship out orders Monday - Friday excluding days FedEx does not ship. We use FedEx for all of our domestic orders (48 states) and USPS for international orders. Tracking numbers are provided to you via e-mail and you can also view tracking information by logging in to your "My Account" page on Detailed Image. We ship from New York s
Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Kudos on carrying Dodo Juice...you'll be hearing from me this spring
Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks, Dodo Juice waxes excel on ease of use, depth & gloss, and tight water beading. Cheers
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What should I consider when making a choice between the hard or soft version?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dodo is geared towards the paint color...

But the hard vs soft is simple...hard wax looks good and will last longer...soft wax looks great, but doesn't last too long. Make your choice
Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not to talk smack, but you're a n00b here.

Phil from Detailers Domain is the man here. You've got a long way to go here...

Best of luck sir.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by reefer_bob

Best of luck sir.
He's a paying sponsor, chances are he'll go far.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by roadyTT
But the hard vs soft is simple...hard wax looks good and will last longer...soft wax looks great, but doesn't last too long. Make your choice
05whtaudia6, roadyTT offered some good advice. The differences are pretty subtle between the hard and soft waxes, but the hard waxes are known to have a tad more durability and apply more like a traditional paste wax. The soft waxes can offer slightly more depth and gloss over the hard waxes, and you can apply it with a foam applicator pad or literally with your bare hands. You'll notice the soft waxes almost feel gritty, what I suggest doing is swiping your applicator pad on one half of the pad, folding it over, massaging the two sides together to fully break down the wax before applying. I do find you usually use more product with the softer waxes than you do the harder waxes.

Originally Posted by reefer_bob

Best of luck sir.
Yes, I'm a n00b in terms of posts since I just signed up. As far as my detailing knowledge is concerned, I hope my posts will speak for themselves. I do not question my detailing ability in any way and know the products we offer, as well as many other products, inside and out. Phil is a great detailer, I refer him customers in his area all the time.

Originally Posted by roadyTT
He's a paying sponsor, chances are he'll go far.
Much appreciated roadyTT, thanks for the warm welcome.

George
Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This post is totally uncalled for.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are you going to post April daily specials? Just a suggestion; perhaps it could be a weekly or 3 day special, i missed two items due to the fact that i didn't check the forums on those days.