Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Been out of the loop for a while....Need some help ordering Menzerna products...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IP may not be necessary if you break down PG enough.

You can use distilled water in a spray bottle to keep the PG workable (as with all menzerna products). PG is simply IP with about 2x the aluminum oxide abrasives.

Dave
Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since I got my PC yesterday ...(again grab a drink)

and the weather was perfect I did my whole car. Keep in mind the car is an '07 Silver A3 that I've stayed on top of since picking it up in Dec. So the paint, wheels, engine, interior are perfect.

Detailer Domain's MF's, Adams (Detail Spray, undercarrage spray, In & Out, Multipurpose, Durafoam white/black pad, wheel brush) Menzerna FMJ.

Meg's (clay bar, #7 Polish, Gold Class shampoo, Leather conditioner, Interior Quick Detailer)

303 Protectant

Thermax Carpet cleaner.

Rim Wax

Karcher High pressure washer

Two bucket wash with MF wash mit. Megs Clay bar with Adams detail spray. Wash clay off. Cleaned wheels with Adams multipurpose cleaner. Sprayed Adams multipurpose cleaner into wheel wells and with Karcher sprayed the wheel wheels clean. With the spray nozzel removed, I drenched the car with an open hose. Cal blade windows and open sky roof. MF drying towel for the paint panels.

Pulled the car in the garage and used compressed air on lug nuts and wheels, mouldings. Finished drying whatever water was forced out. Taped car off.

White PC stock pad applied coat of #7 Megs polish. Removed with MF hand towels. With Durafoam white I applied first coat of FMJ and let set up for 20 min. Removed with Durafoam black. Reapeated again for second coat of FMJ.

Vaccumed car. Removed mats and cleaned with Thermax carpet cleaner. Air dried mats.

Wiped interior windows with generic window cleaner and MF. With detail brushes and Megs Quick interior detailer I dusted off the inside. Adam's Quick detailer for door jams and wiped them out. Vacuumed hatch and hit black plastic bits with some Adam's In and Out.

Hit the grill with Adam's In and Out, and the rear underbumper (black plastic).

Rim wax on the wheels. Rim wax has a cleaner also, so whatever is missed on intial cleaning gets picked up here. Sprayed wheel wells with Adam's undercarriage spray. Hit tires with 303 protectant.

Treated leather seats, gear ****, and steering wheel with Megs leather conditioner.

-----------------

The FMJ after the clay and polish leaves a very glossy/wet appearance. The finish has an unbeliveable slipperyness to the toush.

Now that the rains will be hitting within the next few weeks, I'll simply maintain with hand washes while the weather remains somewhat warm.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I don't understand why you need Power Gloss Compound.

Actually, he probably does need Power Gloss with a PC. Because the PC only has so much horsepower, sometimes you need to compensate in other areas such as pads and polish. I've had some pretty good finish down results using my PC and Power Gloss. Now that I have a Flex, I can usually do swirl removal with IP and an orange pad, where that would've taken me PG and a yellow pad with the PC. Just my take on it...
Old 09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Its amazing how much soapy water comes out from under the chrome trim when you dry it..

with forced air(reversed shopvac for me). And the annoying water that stays in the mirror housings and runs out of the trunk onto the bumper! I always air dry now, haven't tried the water blade yet, though.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yeah, that is annoying as all hell

I use my leaf blower to hit those spots. Then dry using WW towels and then come back to leaf blower again for the wheels.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Where di you get Flex?? I was looking for one..

I couldnt find one in US>..

I never used PG with PC but he have to realized there is a limit what PC can do...

I never liked PG... I prefer S.IP..
as I stated above, it's just me. with my style.. : )
Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had the rubber nib tip on the compressor hose and was surprised how much water I still blasted off

the car after I dried it. Very helpful from having those after detail rivulets of water casscading down....grrrr
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Where di you get Flex?? I was looking for one..

I bought one from Powerhouse Distributing in Omaha, NE. They are the official Flex service parts center, but can also sell whole tools. After much frustration, I called Flex NA, and they sent me to these guys. Their phone # is:

888-809-4749

Their price is $269 + shipping. I've had mine for a few weeks now and have done 2 full details with it and some spot correction on my A6. No looking back to PC now except for doing small spots and applying waxes. Probably Jim, Ben, or Dave will answer the phone out there. They are all extremely nice guys, and will get you tucked in. BTW, that's the lowest price you'll find it from anyone, anywhere in the U.S. as far as I know. I tried 2 Flex distributors (1 east coast, 1 west coast), and these are the only guys that could deliver, and at a price that was $30-$50 less than the others.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Nice! thanks alot,

Flex got strong low end torque...

I only use couple time, and I fell in love.

Thanks again

I am gonna call them this week and get it!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Also, here's a link to an Audiworld post which links to my review on autopia.org

of the Flex XC 3401 VRG<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/56043.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/56043.phtml</a</li></ul>