Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wakaa vs. RSNav vs. Aliexpress

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Wakaa vs. RSNav vs. Aliexpress

I have a B8 A4 with the 3G MMI High system. I'm looking to get something that allows me to run Android auto. Trying to see if anyone has insight as to the Wakaa vs RSNav vs the AliExpress units. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2024, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,903 Likes on 1,616 Posts

AliExpress is an "amazon" or "ebay", a supplier, not a product producer. RSNAV is an actual product producer. I have no idea what wakaa is; appears it's a specific product. RSNAV has support and a community, the AliExpress units often don't even come with instructions. So it would be more correct to compare buying an RSNAV to buying a specifically identified unit you would source through AliExpress. www.4x4shop.ca is another supplier often referenced.

You'll also likely need to come to some specific questions. Or just go through the numerous threads already on the subject in the B8 A4, B8 S4, B8 A5/S5, and B8 Q5 forums.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

When searching very broadly for Wakaa, only 5 posts come up, mostly in the A8 forums. That's why I made this post. If I'm missing where these numerous threads about Wakaa vs RSNav vs any of the units found on AliExpress, I would gladly accept some help in pointing me in the right direction.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,903 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Ah, so really looking for "Wakaa" vs others, the leading other being RSNAV. Yeah, Wakaa is not a product I recall seeing posted about in the B8 forums. But I tend to gloss over the Carplay stuff anymore. Certainly cheaper than RSNAV. https://www.wakaa.us/collections/for-audi Seems odd for them to be in the A8 forums, as the screen replacement products seem to be only for the B8 vehicles. But looks like the hideaway box is available for most all the Audis. And that's really the first clarity necessary to discuss the products, are you talking about screen replacement products or hideaway box products. Seems to be the same at audizine, mostly talk in A8 forums. Which means it must be the hideaway box solution. Whether that's specifically relevant to what you're looking at, I don't know. But you can still look to see how Wakaa handles customer assistance. If you're looking specifically for feedback on the screen replacement product, I'd probably ask that specific question in the B8 forums (B8 A4, B8 A5/S5, B8 Q5); a lot more will see it in the model forums than here.

The topic that would interest me most is how the audio interface is handled between the unit and car. Does it use just a 3.5mm analog AUX jack back into the AMI AUX cable, or is it a digital connection like the S4 RSNAV.
Old 04-27-2024, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts

rsnav is the best but stopped making the module for my ride. so i bought a wakaa

check this thread for carplay info: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...nstall-3001752