Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing New Amp & Subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing New Amp & Subs

Ok I've been looking around these forums for weeks and I thought I figured out how I was going to install my new amp and subs. First of all, I have a 2001 A4 (non-bose) with stock head unit.

I bought the blaupunkt preamp adapter and I was sure I was going to remove the head unit and stick the adapter in back there. I wasn't sure if I would have to move other wires around however and since I'm new at car audio, that kinda scared me. I have not even looked behind the head unit yet cuz I don't have the tools to remove it, but I finally have the time and I really want to do this today.

My other concern is that I've been reading about how you can just wire your amp and subs by utilizing the rear amp. Does this mean my new Kicker KX1200.1 will be powering the rears and subs only and will it make much of a difference?

If this is the easier way to go, would someone clarify a few things for me and explain the process somewhat. I don't really care if my amp powers my front speakers, but if just sticking in the blaupunkt adapter is that simple then I guess that would be the way to go. But would that mean that my new amp wouldn't be powering the rear speakers? haha this is why I am so hesitant.

Please help.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Where can I feed the 4 ga power cable into the cabin?

I'm mostly having trouble with the power cable, I already put a fuse on it and attached in to my battery but now I'm stuck.

I read that there is a triangular grommet by the hood hinge, but I am having trouble locating it. Do I need to remove the windshield wipers or anything to be able to see this? And if so, how the hell do you take off the wipers haha.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:21 PM

Ok found that and I got the power cable going through the lower door trim now