Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attempting to swap stock B&O sub with JBL Basspro Hub...need wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attempting to swap stock B&O sub with JBL Basspro Hub...need wiring help

So as the title says, I would like to swap out the stock Bang&O subwoofer and put in the spare tire sized, amplified JBL Basspro Hub.

The wiring, or lack there of has me a bit confused. There are only 2 wires going into the sub. A yellow/white and a blue yellow.

I understand that the new JBL will require power (which I already have a wiring kit/fuse for), but how do I tap into the signal wires? Can I use the current wires from disconnected sub or do I need to find other wires?

The following users liked this post:
Zacisthirsty (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you figure it out? I have a jbl in the mail as i type. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, but the sub is too tall and doesn’t quite fit. I’ll provide more details later
Old 01-17-2020, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Kraus247
Yes, but the sub is too tall and doesn’t quite fit. I’ll provide more details later
I don't like the sound of "doesn't quite fit"😥
Old 01-17-2020, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I’ve heard cerwin Vega makes one that fits better
Old 01-17-2020, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah, I'll wait to read what you have to say about the install and the fitting. Do you have a q5 or q7? If a q5 does it raise the folding cover?
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

SQ5. Exactly, it raises the cover. Working on a way to fix this
Old 09-02-2020, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SQ5. Exactly, it raises the cover. Working on a way to fix this
Bringing this one back from the depths..... I recently picked up a 17 SQ5 and I was hoping to add this JBL BassPro unit to my stock B&O system. Were you able to modify anything so the trunk panel laid flat? Also, how did you wire it into the audio system. Any need for a Line Out Converter?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A2andres
Bringing this one back from the depths..... I recently picked up a 17 SQ5 and I was hoping to add this JBL BassPro unit to my stock B&O system. Were you able to modify anything so the trunk panel laid flat? Also, how did you wire it into the audio system. Any need for a Line Out Converter?
it still has the rise, I haven’t fixed that yet, but I have a trunk mat that goes over it. My plan is to pick up a sore cover and cut a circle out of it, and lay it over the top. That’s probably the easiest way. No need for line out converted, just spliced the lines that are already there and connected to the accessory power that’s nearby (I think it’s a 12b plug on the side of the trunk)
Old 09-02-2020, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it still has the rise, I haven’t fixed that yet, but I have a trunk mat that goes over it. My plan is to pick up a sore cover and cut a circle out of it, and lay it over the top. That’s probably the easiest way. No need for line out converted, just spliced the lines that are already there and connected to the accessory power that’s nearby (I think it’s a 12b plug on the side of the trunk)
Great, thanks for the quick response on an old post. The lines that you spliced, were they the ones going into the stock B&O subwoofer? I've read that you want to use the high level harness to splice into the systems largest speakers. The ones designed to get the most bass......

Also, if/when you get a chance would you be willing to post a quick picture of what the install looks like now? Just the "hump" of the floor board.

Quick Reply: Attempting to swap stock B&O sub with JBL Basspro Hub...need wiring help