Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMI radio not working on B8 S4

Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMI radio not working on B8 S4

So I recently purchased a 2012 S4 Prestige edition from an insurance auction. The vehicle was considered totaled, but I didnt think there was much damage. So I am planning on fixing the car up and replace my MK5 GTI(which is for sell if anyone is interested. The S4 was rear ended which caused the insurance company to total the vehicle. The vehicle only had 14k miles when I purchased it a few weeks ago. The interior is pristine, with little to no wear on in.

The issue that I am having is with the radio. The radio turns on the the AMI welcome screen with the S4 logo, then it turns off. I have checked all the fuses related with vehicle and it seems that they are all in working condition. I have noticed when driving the car at night, that none of the lights on the center console come on either. I am guessing that this is because the radio is not turning on. I attempted to restart the radio by watching a few other people on the internet but that had no impact on the radio.

I don't think that the impact of the accident damaged any of the components for the radio that are located in the trunk b/c they look like they have been untouched. Unfortunately the dealership automatically is blaming the accident and doesn't want to take a look at it without a $450 diagnosing fee. Here are a few pictures of the car and the damage on the vehicle. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i would personally check that all the optic cables are connected. On boot up the mod scans each device and if nav or cd player etc shows critical error the unit shuts down.

Another procedure is remove all the connections and disbale them in sw, then add each unit at a time and every time see if it boots up. Again you must have the optic cable connected or capped with to maintain connectivity.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sorry I just got this Audi and dont know where anyhting is, where are the optic cables, could you send me a picture of them and the location of them in the car. I am currently waiting on a owners manual for the vehicle. Thanks

Originally Posted by 05whtaudia6
i would personally check that all the optic cables are connected. On boot up the mod scans each device and if nav or cd player etc shows critical error the unit shuts down.

Another procedure is remove all the connections and disbale them in sw, then add each unit at a time and every time see if it boots up. Again you must have the optic cable connected or capped with to maintain connectivity.