Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

The Press Is In.... APR recieves great reviews from our APR8

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Press Is In.... APR recieves great reviews from our APR8

After 55 days of frantic work we proudly unveil the APR8! This R8 is the handiwork of our whole design team. We want to thank Michelin for the opportunity to create such a masterpiece.

The theme was subtle yet stunning styling mixed with lethal performance.

The car debuts the APR R8 exhaust system with fully active resonance chambers. This system drops over 30 lbs of weight off the rear of the car. The sound is difficult to describe due to how well it sounds. It is aggressive yet civilized. We will release this system with sound clips and pricing very shortly.

The braking system was done in conjunction with Brembo Italy. It was the worlds first R8 to have a brake upgrade from Brembo. This system converts the front rotors to true floating two-piece units. We enlarged their size to 380mm. This setup really decreases fade.

The wheel package was custom painted SDS units. Great, light weight 20-inch wheels with nothing but the best rubber on the planet. Michelin PS2's. What more can be said about Michelin expect the best tire money can buy.

We also added several APR Signature body pieces. These included a front chin splitter, larger air intakes and a small rear wing. All of these items will be available at a later date.

APR also worked with Rich from OEM Plus in adding the factory carbon interior and engine treatments. These further add to the visual beauty of the car.

APR will have more info on these and several others R8 surprises soon on our website.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Stephen/APR<ul><li><a href="http://www.autoblog.com/tag/APR%20R8/">http://www.autoblog.com/tag/APR%20R8/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chip tuning! don't forget your roots.

develop some decent software for the RS4 (we've been waiting almost 2 years!) and you'll sell a lot more product than you ever will for the R8. the money's on the table, all you have to do is take it!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Seriously! It is after all AUDI Performance & Racing right? Where's the love for the RS4?

I guess almost too late now that it's going out of production, and some are already starting to jump ship including myself soon.

I would've loved some RS4 software after having an APR chip in my A4 and B5 S4 in the past. I remember the S4 had 100-octane race as well as valet mode programming. Would've been cool to have on the RS4...