Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

20 people on the waiting list for a V10 R8 at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 people on the waiting list for a V10 R8 at dealer

Is that a lot you think? Wondering if I'd be anywhere near the first batch. Dealer said that most of the other dealers in the UK have about 10 people on their list (they're the biggest one).

Deposit is £5K.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm first on the list at my dealer, and I didn't ask till today. Small dealer, USA.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:35 PM
HZW

Default Re: 20 people on the waiting list for a V10 R8 at dealer

yes, with a atmo 520 hp 5.2 V10 FSI engine.

Hans.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: I'm first on the list at my dealer, and I didn't ask till today. Small dealer, USA.

Thanks. I guess that means I need to look around.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I'm first on the list at my dealer, and I didn't ask till today. Small dealer, USA.

Just remember that smaller dealers are less likely to get V10's as compared to a larger dealer.
Being 3rd on a larger dealer list may be better than being 1st on a smaller dealer list.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer got more than one R8 so I'm not too worried about that.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

what about European delivery? wouldn't that be faster?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've got one inbound and available.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

given the economy- audi just pushed back A1 and new A8 debut- i call BS on any dealer with "20 people" on some kind of wait list. even when the economy was good with the V8 R8, 50% of people on wait lists attritioned out, of the ones that bought 50% were bull****ters who couldn't afford the car and were going with the get rich quick theme a la the housing market- they turned up on ebay, some individuals having the gall of joining online communites prior to ordering to appear bonafide but just to get information.

as usual, half of wait listers are going to be bull****ters to an even greater degree because this car will be even more expensive. and dealers like to inflate such numbers because it gives them cachet qnd creates misleading demand.

i will guarantee you that this time around V10's will be on dealer lots unspoken for after some jackass spec'd it and backed out, thereby preventing a bonafide buyer with a specific timeline from spec'ing the car the way they wanted it.

and the more expensive the car is the more these cars will be on dealer lots waiting to be purchased.

lambo has cut back LP560 production the last 2 quarters in a row. and AOA had better be using their brains when pricing this car out. from what canada pricing is it looks like they were reasonable and so i expect the US pricing to be reasonable as well.

what they should do is offer a trade-up program for V8 owners. since V8 production will likely cease within the next model year or so and V8 production at the factory has nearly CEASED already.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RXBG
given the economy- audi just pushed back A1 and new A8 debut- i call BS on any dealer with "20 people" on some kind of wait list. even when the economy was good with the V8 R8, 50% of people on wait lists attritioned out, of the ones that bought 50% were bull****ters who couldn't afford the car and were going with the get rich quick theme a la the housing market- they turned up on ebay, some individuals having the gall of joining online communites prior to ordering to appear bonafide but just to get information.

as usual, half of wait listers are going to be bull****ters to an even greater degree because this car will be even more expensive. and dealers like to inflate such numbers because it gives them cachet qnd creates misleading demand.

i will guarantee you that this time around V10's will be on dealer lots unspoken for after some jackass spec'd it and backed out, thereby preventing a bonafide buyer with a specific timeline from spec'ing the car the way they wanted it.

and the more expensive the car is the more these cars will be on dealer lots waiting to be purchased.

lambo has cut back LP560 production the last 2 quarters in a row. and AOA had better be using their brains when pricing this car out. from what canada pricing is it looks like they were reasonable and so i expect the US pricing to be reasonable as well.

what they should do is offer a trade-up program for V8 owners. since V8 production will likely cease within the next model year or so and V8 production at the factory has nearly CEASED already.
what he said. total BS. I was in Neckarsulm last month and the factory was closed for the summer holiday, and they said sales are slower than hoped for, and definitely slower than a year ago. They will build as many cars as they can sell. The market will dictate build numbers. They are not in a position to turn away business. The hype over this car will be moderate compared to the initial launch of the R8. Given it's price it may simply get people into the showroom, and they may just buy a V8 instead.

Quick Reply: 20 people on the waiting list for a V10 R8 at dealer