Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Will RSQ8 availability be limited?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool. Interesting the Java Green isn't an option, yet featured color? I am hoping this model is also eligible for audi exclusive coloring including matte black.
Thanks for posting this!
Old 02-03-2020, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MCooper
Very cool. Interesting the Java Green isn't an option, yet featured color? I am hoping this model is also eligible for audi exclusive coloring including matte black.
Thanks for posting this!
I believe order guides usually do not include everything, so I would still expect extra cost colours to be available for a hefty premium.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gotcha. I am jealous you guys got this. I am still waiting on any updates from our dealers here in S. Florida
Old 02-10-2020, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MCooper
Gotcha. I am jealous you guys got this. I am still waiting on any updates from our dealers here in S. Florida
Well still nothing on pricing for the RSQ8 or any of the new Audi Models....maybe they won’t be communicated before the Toronto Car Show on the 14th?
Old 02-15-2020, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update from Toronto show?
Old 02-15-2020, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did not go to the show yet. Have not heard if pricing is available at the show. My dealer contacts were to let me know, but have not heard from them. Watched YouTube video showing that the RSQ8 on display at the show was blue not the green.

Last edited by Canuckrover; 02-15-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joz2931
I’m in the US. My dealer said that order guides should be up in 2 months. He said they will only be getting 2 RSQ8’s this year (and they are a pretty big dealer) so they will be limited

stands to reason that since its a 2020 model being rolled out in mid to late 2020 of course they will be limited. Then come September or October or whenever the 2021's become available there will magically be more available.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor
stands to reason that since its a 2020 model being rolled out in mid to late 2020 of course they will be limited. Then come September or October or whenever the 2021's become available there will magically be more available.
I also wonder if the 2021 model year will offer a Performance version that uses the 670 hp hybrid that Porsche currently utilizes?
Old 03-12-2020, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer emailed me this am the build sheet / options just released. Price starts at $114k
Old 03-19-2020, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I guess I live in a different world. The question was/is "Will RSQ8 availability be limited?" I kept pondering what the question meant. And, as far as everything the Internet is ready to reveal, the answer that I would assume would be definitive would be if Audi only plans to make "X" number for the world and that "Y" country gets a quantity of "Z" units.

I can't find any evidence that Audi will not produce as many as the market is willing to purchase -- for the sake of a crazy example, I would assume if 100,000 customers wanted to plunk down the asking price, I would assume Audi would do everything it could to meet the demand.

Having said this, my belief is that the RSQ8 WILL be a "limited" (sales) vehicle, due to it's asking price. If "X" number of customers were undeterred by a $130 - $150K MSRP (based on configuration/options, etc.) to the extent that there really were as many customers for an RSQ8 as for an A3 or A4 or Q5, etc., the sky's the limit.

The fact that Audi knows -- within some experiential parameters -- how many people are interested in a vehicle relative to its MSRP, I would assume they will build what they have calculated the market (the global market) will buy.

What I find a bit confusing is the SQ8 being -- apparently -- the RSQ8's competition. Was I the master of Audi's products, I would have put the 444HP twin-turbo V6 in the SQ8 (a nice bump above the regular ICE Q8) and make the difference/distance between the SQ and RSQ more pronounced. Sort of like the differences between the A5, S5, and RS5 seems like it would have been an easier to understand progression for price. The SQ8 and the RSQ8 seem different, to be sure, but what I wonder is if the new-to-Audi customer who drives first a Q8 then an SQ8 may say, "I can't justify the [subtle] differences between the S and the RS.

To be clear, I'm not talking THAT much about the performance envelope differences, I'm thinking of the visual differentiation -- once you get to a Prestige SQ8 with an option or two, customers may simply not see the merits in going with the RSQ8.

I am, I know, often wrong, but I find the competition between the SQ and RSQ to be a bit confusing. On the other hand, perhaps someone who walks into an Audi dealer thinking $120,000, $130,000 or more will be extracted from their check books isn't that rare after all. Here in SW Ohio, there are lots of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes (and Porsche's too), most of them priced under $100,000. Personally, I'd load up an SQ8 and drive off grinning from ear-to-ear. The RS seems too much for too little (in comparison).

Now, if I'm looking at a Urus -- well the RSQ8 seems like a friggin' bargain.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 03-19-2020 at 10:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WausauS8 (03-23-2020)

Quick Reply: Will RSQ8 availability be limited?