Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Weather Tech or Audi or Other? - Floor Mats -

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Weather Tech or Audi or Other? - Floor Mats -

Looking to buy some nice floor mats for the new SQ8. I have had Weather Tech's in my truck and have loved them, should I do the same with the Audi? I saw someone post on here a while back about a nice set for much cheaper they purchased off ebay?

Thoughts?

Extra Question: Has anyone used the two items below? Thoughts?

Last edited by ATLAudiRealtor; 09-12-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 91 Posts

I wouldn't go with the UTR, its very overpriced for the quality of video you get. Look at the the Thinkware U1000 Pro, it has A LOT of features and 4k recording, you can even pair it to your in car hotspot to get cloud connectivity.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pabla:
JesseRohr (09-13-2021), vhtran (09-15-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
I wouldn't go with the UTR, its very overpriced for the quality of video you get. Look at the the Thinkware U1000 Pro, it has A LOT of features and 4k recording, you can even pair it to your in car hotspot to get cloud connectivity.
Yes, its overpriced compared to the quality (which is still OK) but it is original Audi unit connected with the car systems. Very easy instal to car view mirror harness (front), no visible wires. I have been using UTR already in my second Audi. No problems at all.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Originally Posted by retom
Yes, its overpriced compared to the quality (which is still OK) but it is original Audi unit connected with the car systems. Very easy instal to car view mirror harness (front), no visible wires. I have been using UTR already in my second Audi. No problems at all.
Understood, what about the weathertech floor mats?
Old 09-13-2021, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
What car systems does it tie into?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLAudiRealtor
Understood, what about the weathertech floor mats?
I've had WeatherTechs in all 8 of my Audis & several Cadillacs before that.
They are by far the absolute best in protecting the floor & edges & keeping water, slush, etc. from getting underneath & on the carpet. Several Audi loaners I've used had the OEM Audi Winter mats & I was not impressed - compared to the WeatherTechs.
The following users liked this post:
uberwgn (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

I bought WeatherTech floor mats and rear cargo mats for the first time ever. I have been happy with them so far but have not gone through a Chicago winter with them yet. One of my friends who use these in his VW says that over time, the finish starts to appear a bit scratched and scuffed. There is no easy way to fix this. He tried using an armor-all type product but that made the mats VERY slippery and he said I should avoid it.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
I bought WeatherTech floor mats and rear cargo mats for the first time ever. I have been happy with them so far but have not gone through a Chicago winter with them yet. One of my friends who use these in his VW says that over time, the finish starts to appear a bit scratched and scuffed. There is no easy way to fix this. He tried using an armor-all type product but that made the mats VERY slippery and he said I should avoid it.
The cleaner & protector WeatherTech sells does a very good job with no slipperiness. A little expensive but it seems to last.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I had them in my Lexus SUV and had zero complaints. Had that car for about 10 years and they did fade some but not horrible.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Yeah big Wtech fan here as well. I use a ton of their products -- mud flaps on my truck, etc. I even bought five of their hand sanitizer clips. Those things are amazing!

Quick Reply: Weather Tech or Audi or Other? - Floor Mats -