Old 08-06-2020, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sq8 sport package worth it?

Sport package is $5,900 and includes:
Active roll stabilization
quattro sport rear differential
Red brake calipers

I'm leaning towards getting it but not sure if the active roll stabilization is something I will appreciate in every day driving, or is it meant to be experienced when really racing around at high speeds like on a track.
Also...not sure what the quattro sport rear differential will do for me compared to the regular q8's.
Anyone had experience with either of these 2 systems either in the Q8 or any of the other audi models?
Worth the money you think?
Thx!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Active roll stabilization is not just for the track, if you drive on moderately curvy roads, it keeps the vehicle flat through turns / corners. The active differential is supposed to better distribute power to the rear wheels in curves. It depends where you live basically - here in Chicago, everything is flat and straight, if you have access to nice, curvy West coast highways, you will probably appreciate it.

https://www.audi-technology-portal.d...ort-suspension
Old 08-06-2020, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have it on my SQ8, and I love it, especially in everyday driving. It is very noticeable in such a heavy vehicle to make it feel as if you are driving a much smaller lighter vehicle
The following users liked this post:
beerguy (10-23-2023)
Old 08-07-2020, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by poppers1
Sport package is $5,900 and includes:
Active roll stabilization
quattro sport rear differential
Red brake calipers

I'm leaning towards getting it but not sure if the active roll stabilization is something I will appreciate in every day driving, or is it meant to be experienced when really racing around at high speeds like on a track.
Also...not sure what the quattro sport rear differential will do for me compared to the regular q8's.
Anyone had experience with either of these 2 systems either in the Q8 or any of the other audi models?
Worth the money you think?
Thx!

I can’t speak on how it is for the sq8 but I have an rsq8. This car defies any type of logic as it handles the curves. The rsq8 is my daily driver so I use it in every condition possible.

Personally I can’t think of a logical reason you wouldn’t have this on any sq7/sq8. Sure you may be thinking now I’m not going to race it, however if you weren’t planning on spirited driving you wouldn’t even be considering an “s” car. why buy a 500hp suv if you are not going to have a lot of fun in it? So if you plan on having any fun in this car (which is why your buying it) this feature should be standard.
The following users liked this post:
beerguy (10-23-2023)
Old 08-07-2020, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I had my calipers painted the correct way and it cost $900.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Appreciate all your info! I decided to go forward with the sport pack. I'm expecting the most "bang" from the sport differential but hear great things about the anti roll as well. will update when I give it spin.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by poppers1
Appreciate all your info! I decided to go forward with the sport pack. I'm expecting the most "bang" from the sport differential but hear great things about the anti roll as well. will update when I give it spin.
Thanks for the information. Would you get this done at the dealership?
Old 10-23-2023, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I drove an SQ8 with and without and couldn't tell the difference so I didn't get it on my SQ8 but I don't track it or anything like that.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't have the Sport package on my RSQ8 and I don't miss it THAT much. I do miss not having the sport diff since that usually helps the back end swing around a bit in a corner but the rear bias Quattro makes up a bit for that. I have not driven a RSQ8 with the sport package however mine handles fairly well without it. Also don't forget that if you specify the sport package your car will come with the BSG. The BSG is what is currently causing a bunch of Q8/SQ8/RSQ8 equipped with it to the sporadically shutdown requiring BSG replacement. On the upside the BSG also allows for smoother stop starts, without it the stop start system is similar to those on non-mild hybrid cars so it will be more noticeable and rougher.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:37 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
I don't have the Sport package on my RSQ8 and I don't miss it THAT much. I do miss not having the sport diff since that usually helps the back end swing around a bit in a corner but the rear bias Quattro makes up a bit for that. I have not driven a RSQ8 with the sport package however mine handles fairly well without it. Also don't forget that if you specify the sport package your car will come with the BSG. The BSG is what is currently causing a bunch of Q8/SQ8/RSQ8 equipped with it to the sporadically shutdown requiring BSG replacement. On the upside the BSG also allows for smoother stop starts, without it the stop start system is similar to those on non-mild hybrid cars so it will be more noticeable and rougher.
NAR SQ8/SQ7 with the 4.0L TFSI and with the sport package do not get the BSG as they are not considered a MHEV, unlike the RSQ8 with the same engine is a MHEV.

In EU, where the SQ8 and SQ7 variants come with the 4.0L TDI, they are MHEV and do have the BSG.

Quick Reply: sq8 sport package worth it?