Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

SQ8 seat adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SQ8 seat adjustment

Hi,
I am about to order SQ8 and I have to decide which front seats to choose. There are two versions (Sport and Sport Plus) available. I have tried Sport Plus but it was a bit narrow at upper (back) side bolsters for me. Is it possible somehow to adjust side bolsters at Sport Plus seats version? Sport version is fine but ventilation is not available.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

See Fig.51:

Old 12-19-2021, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Seat adjustment

Thanks for info.
My dealer said that it is possible only with Comfort seats (not available for SQ8).
Could someone who has got Sport plus seats in SQ8 please confirm that side bolsters can be adjusted like that?
Old 12-19-2021, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think your dealer is wrong. I have an SQ8 with Sport Plus seats and they have side adjustment as described in the owners manual (Sport don't have it).
It is true that my car is in the EU specification, but I do not think that the Sport Plus seats differ from those on other markets.
Let's wait for someone from the US market to confirm it on 100%.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Seat adjustment

Thanks. I am from EU and this is what I wanted to hear.

Originally Posted by retom
I think your dealer is wrong. I have an SQ8 with Sport Plus seats and they have side adjustment as described in the owners manual (Sport don't have it).
It is true that my car is in the EU specification, but I do not think that the Sport Plus seats differ from those on other markets.
Let's wait for someone from the US market to confirm it on 100%.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So problem solved. Sport Plus have it in EU cars on 100%. Unfortunately often Audi dealers don't know what they sell. Sport plus should have also ventilation and massage.
The following users liked this post:
LEC84 (08-03-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Seat adjustment

Yes, thank you.
If I may ask you as SQ8 owner, are there some features on your car that you would recomend as "must have" or some that I should avoid?

So problem solved. Sport Plus have it in EU cars on 100%. Unfortunately often Audi dealers don't know what they sell. Sport plus should have also ventilation and massage.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Janez
Yes, thank you.
If I may ask you as SQ8 owner, are there some features on your car that you would recomend as "must have" or some that I should avoid?
Of course this is my personal choice. I have all available options except ceramic brakes and towing hitch.
Must have:
- Matrix lights,
- 360 degree cameras
- HUD
- 4 wheel steering
- air suspension (I think it's standard in SQ8)
Nice to have:
All other options except Intelligent Park Assist and Remote Parking, heated windshield. These 2 are IMO wasted money.
Assisting systems sometimes are annoying but you can adjust them or even some of them turn off completely. Unfortunately majority of them you will have to buy in the package.

PS. If you really don't need sunroof don't buy it. It often creak on bumps , repair is quite complicated and not always successful. I don't know, perhaps it is my bad luck but I had sunroofs in may last 3 Audi and all of them where creaking. One more other less but all where creaking. BTW this problem is know to Audi and there is even a TSB on it.

Last edited by retom; 12-19-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:29 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I also have sports plus seats . The side bolsters are adjustable on the seat and back.
Attention - ventilation is a separate option in my country and may differ from country to country.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Seat adjustment

Of course this is my personal choice. I have all available options except ceramic brakes and towing hitch.
Must have:
- Matrix lights,
- 360 degree cameras
- HUD
- 4 wheel steering
- air suspension (I think it's standard in SQ8)
Nice to have:
All other options except Intelligent Park Assist and Remote Parking, heated windshield. These 2 are IMO wasted money.
Assisting systems sometimes are annoying but you can adjust them or even some of them turn off completely. Unfortunately majority of them you will have to buy in the package.

PS. If you really don't need sunroof don't buy it. It often creak on bumps , repair is quite complicated and not always successful. I don't know, perhaps it is my bad luck but I had sunroofs in may last 3 Audi and all of them where creaking. One more other less but all where creaking. BTW this problem is know to Audi and there is even a TSB on it.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Quick Reply: SQ8 seat adjustment