Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Map Updates/myAudi.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

my.audi.com and myaudi.com is not a site for US owners, at least to the best of my knowledge

Beyond that, I can't assist
Old 08-05-2021, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
my.audi.com and myaudi.com is not a site for US owners, at least to the best of my knowledge

Beyond that, I can't assist
Well, then I suppose that's why it keeps rejecting my attempt to log in! Cause I'm in the US. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

The US Site is Overview | Audi USA but does not have anything listed related to map updates.

Whenever I click on the Audi Connect banner - I get an error "Audi Connect information temporarily unavailable". It has been this way for weeks
Old 08-08-2021, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
The US Site is Overview | Audi USA but does not have anything listed related to map updates.

Whenever I click on the Audi Connect banner - I get an error "Audi Connect information temporarily unavailable". It has been this way for weeks
I had let my trial Audi Connect expire. Getting ready to take a trip and ended up subscribing to Audi Connect Plus. After doing so, none of the features like Traffic, Google Satellite images or Weather were working. Called Audi Connect support and she had me reset the MMI by holding down the power button for 10 sec. After it rebooted everything started to update and enabled including a map update that was downloaded and installed. All is working great now.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have tried the reboot MMI method multiple times, it still comes back with "Installing map update". Vehicle is at the dealership for a separate camera issue - they are looking into it
Old 08-25-2021, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

As I just posted in another thread, the dealer had to do a manual map update via USB for me to fix my "infinite map update" issue. It took most of a full day to upload the required files and actually finish the update.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcbjr2
Well, that's the problem: I can't log into my.audi.com. I can log into audiusa.com/myaudi, but I don't see a location to download map updates. These were mentioned on the myaudi.com site (sometimes referenced as my.audi.com) (both will take you to a site where you can download maps), but when I click login, I get a server error, so I can't tell if I have the latest update or not. I did find where someone posted the files from early 2021. I put them on an SD card and put the SD card in my Q8, but nothing happened. Manual said I'd get some type of notification and I click it to start the update. I don't know if it's an SD card issue or what.
This thread is the one for the MIB2 (Gen2 AT&T) cars that goes into the details where the SD download link disappeared in the US last year--supposedly to be reactivated by now, but has yet to be: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...b-1st-3011336/

That download from there is around 11Gb and is for those with MIB2 based map sets--2018 and earlier A/S3, 6 and 7s along with 2019 and earlier B-cars and Q7s.
The 2019, '20 A/S6, 7, 8, Q3, Q/SQ7 & 8s are MIB2+ as well as 2020 A/S-4, 5s along with all 2021+ cars which are MIB3 cars-- except Q3 which joins in '22 with upcoming '22 A/S3s--and have the newest HERE-based map sets and won't take those D/Ls (HERE based D/Ls are around 23Gb bcs of 3-D info and such).

Like what was done above until the online download becomes live again in myAudi, if anyone has access to a Canadian myAudi log-in and can download the latest NA update for their MIB2+ and 3 maps and post it to a shared Dropbox ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
The following 2 users liked this post by TDforNow:
A4DK (09-08-2021), rahrah215 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the chat with Audi about map updates. Here is part of the transcript. Going to reach out to my dealer and ask about cost.

Live Chat - Chloe (9/8/2021, 11:13:39 AM): It appears that the first 5 updates have been exhausted in which you will need to visit an Audi dealer. The next update will be available this fall. The updates are released twice a year.
Christian (9/8/2021, 11:14:02 AM): what do you mean exhausted?
Live Chat - Chloe (9/8/2021, 11:17:27 AM): On the first 5 map updates are free from the time of production which is on a use/lose basis. The free updates are no longer applicable.
Christian (9/8/2021, 11:18:07 AM): So if go to the dealer I gotta pay for the map updates?
Live Chat - Chloe (9/8/2021, 11:18:28 AM): That is correct.
Christian (9/8/2021, 11:19:06 AM): Thats horrific customer service... how do I escalate this to Audi managment?
Christian (9/8/2021, 11:20:37 AM): 2019 85k car and I need to pay for map updates?
Live Chat - Chloe (9/8/2021, 11:25:58 AM): I'd be happy to document your feedback and share with the appropriate parties here at Audi of America. Regrettably, that is our policy for all of our models pertaining to the map updates. Only the first 5 updates are available free of charge from the production date. As I mentioned, the updates are on a use/lose basis as the updates are released Spring/Summer and also Fall/Winter. Once those free updates have exhausted, you will need to visit an Audi dealer. As some vehicles will have to go to the dealer regardless due to the hardware/software in the vehicle. I am not aware of the charge at the dealership as it may vary depending on dealer.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah this is the situation as I understood it. You get local updates over the air for a while. Anything after the free period or outside your local area is a dealer update and costs money. This is ridiculous. If I decide to take a road trip to different regions, my map data for my route planning is now 5 years old and there is no way to force an update. Even when you drive into those regions, the maps will not update.

It's a stupid policy that is guaranteed to do nothing but **** off owners - and the incremental revenue has just got to be tiny. I guess they want to force us to Android Auto and CarPlay. But I actually like the built in system better. Not sure if there's anything to be done other than just be annoyed.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Found a reasonably priced solution!

I got my last OH OTA update this spring, everything else was 2019 vintage. Dealer wanted $500 to I update my ‘19 A6. I found this site and had a perfect update solution downloaded:
https://thenavman.com/north-america-...dle-7712-p.asp

This is the MIB2+ S/W with latest available Map update bundle most will likely need (I did and it updates MMI and media drivers also), it costs $114 USD after converting GBP and using this months coupon. Ben’s awesomely responsive to questions.

You’ll need a Windows PC to download the zip files from your purchase email and two 32Gb SD cards fully formatted to FAT32 to receive the un-zipped S/W and Map files. His directions are great although there are a few differences when in the Engineering Screen towards the end of the uploads.

I even got another OTA update for my region on 08/26/23 after installing these updates into my MMI!

Plan a whole afternoon, the downloads took an hour each and another hour plus to unzip and x-fer to the SD cards.
My in-car uploads took about a half hour each. Follow his instructions on either keeping the car running or on a proper (6a+) battery charger on the jump posts as well as keeping the fob in the car during the whole upload. My advice is to shut the car off between uploads to reset the 1-hour auto shutdown if on a charger. If idling, turn off the “Auto-Stop-Start” and cycle the car between uploads.

He also has all of the other MIB versions before MIB 2+ available as well here:
https://thenavman.com/north-america-971-c.asp​​​​​​​

Here are the before and after:

Before update (He’ll need a pic of this screen from yours when ordering).

Map vintage before

After S/W and latest OTA update

Latest map set and OH regional OTA

Good luck!