Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Dumb question - rear light dance RS Q8

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by A4DK
Yeah. The default animation is only at night thought, unless you activate Scandinavian DRLs.
You made me curious so I turned the car on in the garage where it is dark so that the auto-on headlights were active and tested the blinkers. They were animated. Next, I moved the vehicle out of the garage and into the sunlight. Turned it off and then restarted it with the lights off and still had the animation in the turn signals. Not sure what to make of it only being at night. Mine is the 2019 Q8 with the prestige package.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkIndy
You made me curious so I turned the car on in the garage where it is dark so that the auto-on headlights were active and tested the blinkers. They were animated. Next, I moved the vehicle out of the garage and into the sunlight. Turned it off and then restarted it with the lights off and still had the animation in the turn signals. Not sure what to make of it only being at night. Mine is the 2019 Q8 with the prestige package.
I don't know if I understand you correctly. The turn signal animation and the car lights animation (red at the rear and white at the front) are two different things.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The blinkers work both day and night. Its the unlock/startup animation that only plays during night, unless you have the Scandinavian DRL turned on.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
I don't know if I understand you correctly. The turn signal animation and the car lights animation (red at the rear and white at the front) are two different things.
Doh! I was confused.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

The blinkers work both day and night. Its the unlock/startup animation that only plays during night, unless you have the Scandinavian DRL turned on.
As I said above, I was confused. Doh!
Old 05-06-2021, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Doh! I was confused.
As I said above, I was confused. Doh!
Multi-quote is a thing.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
Multi-quote is a thing.
Can I claim another "Doh"?
Old 01-02-2022, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I wanted to ask about scandinavian DRLs. if I understood correctly this additional inclusion of taillights to the front DRLs? At the same time, the front DRLs remain on the same, and then how does the Scandinavian light differ from the side lights?
Old 01-02-2022, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Vlad1705
Hello, I wanted to ask about scandinavian DRLs. if I understood correctly this additional inclusion of taillights to the front DRLs? At the same time, the front DRLs remain on the same, and then how does the Scandinavian light differ from the side lights?
Yes, exactly.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
Yes, exactly.
I cannot understand the difference between scandinavian DRLs and side lights