Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Brake Pad Options for RS Q8?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 160 Posts

Rotors I bought from https://www.audiusaparts.com they were far cheaper than going through Audi.

Rears I bought brembo pads, also from GB also on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/usr/atozwakefield
Old 03-16-2024, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone found out if any aftermarket companies have produced any Ceramic Brake Pad options other than Brembo as of yet because I just purchased a Nagaro Blue RSQ8 & I'm already going crazy over the brake dust,lol!!!
Old 03-18-2024, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop1127
Has anyone found out if any aftermarket companies have produced any Ceramic Brake Pad options other than Brembo as of yet because I just purchased a Nagaro Blue RSQ8 & I'm already going crazy over the brake dust,lol!!!
The Delphi pads are 1/4th the dust of OEM. I’m not kidding. Was washing wheels weekly. Now I clean them monthly.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop1127 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1stRS
The Delphi pads are 1/4th the dust of OEM. I’m not kidding. Was washing wheels weekly. Now I clean them monthly.
Much appreciated!!!
Old 03-19-2024, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 608 Posts

No one produces ceramic brake pads for the RSQ8 yet. At ATE I was told that ceramic brake pads are not produced for cars with engines with a power exceeding 300HP. I don't know what the problem is, but the fact is that such brake pads are not available anywhere. Delphi pads may be a bit better in case of dusting but they are not ceramic.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this still the best option? Looking for pads and rotors for a 2021 rsq8 in my search for aftermarket it lead me here
Old 03-19-2024, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
No one produces ceramic brake pads for the RSQ8 yet. At ATE I was told that ceramic brake pads are not produced for cars with engines with a power exceeding 300HP. I don't know what the problem is, but the fact is that such brake pads are not available anywhere. Delphi pads may be a bit better in case of dusting but they are not ceramic.
"retom, I used to own a Jeep Trackhawk and a Challenger Hellcat and both vehicles not only were big & heavy but they utilized the 707 horsepower 6.2 litre supercharged powerplant and I was able to locate the Company : PowerStop, who produced 4 individually grades of ceramic pads from your basic daily driver & high performance Carbon Fiber Ceramic Pads so maybe if a group of us Email their Product Management and Tech Teams, they'll possibly produce the front & rear pads for our vehicles? Their website can be located by searching : PowerStop Brakes.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop1127
"retom, I used to own a Jeep Trackhawk and a Challenger Hellcat and both vehicles not only were big & heavy but they utilized the 707 horsepower 6.2 litre supercharged powerplant and I was able to locate the Company : PowerStop, who produced 4 individually grades of ceramic pads from your basic daily driver & high performance Carbon Fiber Ceramic Pads so maybe if a group of us Email their Product Management and Tech Teams, they'll possibly produce the front & rear pads for our vehicles? Their website can be located by searching : PowerStop Brakes.
Probably you are right. I mean large manufacturers of braking systems that supply their products for the first assembly of VAG cars. These are Brembo, ATE, TRW, Akebono, Textar or Delphi.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop1127 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 585 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
ATE has no idea what they are talking about apparently, at least for aftermarket. I can buy EBC reds (ceramic) for my D4 S8 all day long, front and rear, with 4.0T/525HP rated/575HP stock per APR. Can get same for 450HP normally aspirated D3 W12, and did for 15+ years.

What they may be trying to say is that for new vehicles, they have to pass the proverbial little old frail lady test for brake pressure needed to bring car to a stop in required distance. Sense is that test basically needs more like an OE semimetallic, which are higher dust typically. Some aftermarket ceramics are known as "slippery," which wouldn't fly for the old lady test and not what I would want anyway.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 03-20-2024 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Hows the overall performance with these new pads? I am almost due for a brake change and desperately need something low dusting

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Options for RS Q8?