Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

2022 SQ8 Owner's Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2022 SQ8 Owner's Manual

Well, first, the perfunctory "I tried searching this forum and Google for an answer but came up empty" (I did).

I just picked up my 2022 SQ8 (driving home from upstate I found I liked it a LOT more than I thought I would) and just tried cracking the printed manual to decipher an icon that popped up on the dash on the way. Cover says "Q8 Owner's Manual". I understand various Owner's Manual are available online (or are supposed to be) in PDF form, but I mean, if I'm supposed to get a printed one I want the correct version. Unless of course the Q8/SQ8/RSQ8 manuals are all the same.

What did any of you that had a new SQ8 delivered get?

Thank You in advance for any info or pointers to info.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

I did receive a printed version and the electronic version is here:Audi Online Owner's Manual (audiusa.com)

There is just a single manual for all versions - different sections that only apply to specific features on the RS models are highlighted
Old 01-04-2022, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, yes, I did some digging on the web myself and when I specified the SQ8 manual I was shown one that clearly had "Q8" written on the cover. That made me feel a bit better (I'm always suspicious, unfortunately). I did not spy the different sections for the submodels but I'd like to explore those. I was, however, glad to see a comprehensive list of all the icons in one place, made it easy to identify the one that popped up on my screen.

Really, I knew that if I had the wrong manual it was an honest mistake, my delivery experience was flawless otherwise (at least as far as I can determine so far).
Old 05-09-2024, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My car often does that when driving around a while on non-public developments without signs. It's a really weird message though. Every warning message should have a purpose and be actionable, right? But I can't wrap my head around what the driver gains by receiving this warning message. Is Audi worried that the driver wouldn't remember to use their eyeballs to look for traffic signs? Does the driver need to know that car's system failed to detect a speed limit sign in a while or is outside its map database? Is the system broken actually broken?
Old 05-10-2024, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhead
My car often does that when driving around a while on non-public developments without signs. It's a really weird message though. Every warning message should have a purpose and be actionable, right? But I can't wrap my head around what the driver gains by receiving this warning message. Is Audi worried that the driver wouldn't remember to use their eyeballs to look for traffic signs? Does the driver need to know that car's system failed to detect a speed limit sign in a while or is outside its map database? Is the system broken actually broken?
What is the message?