Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

2022 Production Delayed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know what is happening with build and delivery of Q4s?
Old 11-14-2021, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Silas17
Anyone know what is happening with build and delivery of Q4s?
In Europe delivery time of Q4 is 4-6 months when for Q7/Q8 it is 8-12 months. It seems that for VAG electric cars have production priority since these cars decrease average CO2 which have to be reported to EU authorities. In 2021 this is 95g of CO2. Above this car producers have to pay high penalties.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
In Europe delivery time of Q4 is 4-6 months when for Q7/Q8 it is 8-12 months. It seems that for VAG electric cars have production priority since these cars decrease average CO2 which have to be reported to EU authorities. In 2021 this is 95g of CO2. Above this car producers have to pay high penalties.
Thanks. Any confirmation on delivery time in the US?
Old 11-14-2021, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Silas17
Thanks. Any confirmation on delivery time in the US?
your local dealer should be able to tell you. Just a heads up price increases are being rumoured for Q4 and other Audi models
Old 11-15-2021, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a Q7, but I had been following this discussion so I thought I'd share, in the event this is helpful to those trying to estimate the timing.

Dealer had a June allocation (an Ohio dealer). Original ETA from dealer delivery was estimated to be September/October.
Selections were locked by Audi the first week of August.
Production timing was then postponed/delayed until mid October when a revised projected build date was provided for first week of November
On October 24th I received a notice saying production was completed.
Today the dealer updated that the current ETA is for release to delivery carrier on December 7 and delivery between December 12 and December 26.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got news that my order was shipped Nov 17th and according to marine traffic website I am on the vessel called 'SFL Conductor'. Audi says a Dec 16th port arrival but marine traffic says Nov 27 which is more realistic. Unfortunately due to the mass flooding in my province the rail roads are severely damaged, so even though a December delivery was in the cards, the floods will likely push it back (total first world problem).
Old 11-19-2021, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Got news that my order was shipped Nov 17th and according to marine traffic website I am on the vessel called 'SFL Conductor'. Audi says a Dec 16th port arrival but marine traffic says Nov 27 which is more realistic. Unfortunately due to the mass flooding in my province the rail roads are severely damaged, so even though a December delivery was in the cards, the floods will likely push it back (total first world problem).
Well that's great news! You're lucky! I haven't had an update yet.

Are you in BC? Or where are you located?
Old 11-20-2021, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Mine is also showing the exact same 3-week extended ETA Delivery Dates through Audi, and the marine traffic port arrival dates. It is scheduled to arrive at the Jacksonville port, and currently on a ship for the Davisville, RI port. Audi is probably combining shipments in these times of rising costs, and lower vehicle shipping quantities. I'm guessing it's going to Davisville first, then headed for Jacksonville. In the past, Audi would be shipping more vehicles on two separate carriers, with each headed directly to the two different ports. Crossing my fingers it arrives to the Jacksonville port by the end of the month.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just sent my dealer a text asking about an updated ETA. Last I spoke with him it was 11/24 (in Houston, I think) but who knows?
Old 11-20-2021, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SlammedR8
Well that's great news! You're lucky! I haven't had an update yet.

Are you in BC? Or where are you located?
In Vancouver BC

Originally Posted by mojohio
Mine is also showing the exact same 3-week extended ETA Delivery Dates through Audi, and the marine traffic port arrival dates. It is scheduled to arrive at the Jacksonville port, and currently on a ship for the Davisville, RI port. Audi is probably combining shipments in these times of rising costs, and lower vehicle shipping quantities. I'm guessing it's going to Davisville first, then headed for Jacksonville. In the past, Audi would be shipping more vehicles on two separate carriers, with each headed directly to the two different ports. Crossing my fingers it arrives to the Jacksonville port by the end of the month.
Are you on the vessel SFL Conductor too?

Quick Reply: 2022 Production Delayed?