Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Favorites radio station deleted

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorites radio station deleted

Hi there! I have programmed a bunch of radio stations under Favorites and periodically my Audi Q4 E-tron just deletes them and says "No Favorites Selected." This is really annoying and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
Old 03-16-2024, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

It is an issue across the entire Audi line. Spoke to my Service Advisor about it yesterday. She says Audi expects to have a software fix for it later in the year.
The following users liked this post:
efish (03-16-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by KevinGary
It is an issue across the entire Audi line. Spoke to my Service Advisor about it yesterday. She says Audi expects to have a software fix for it later in the year.
thanks for the quick response. My Audi Service Advisor didn’t even know that much so good to know Audi is aware.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by efish
thanks for the quick response. My Audi Service Advisor didn’t even know that much so good to know Audi is aware.
My SA says Audi is shooting for a 4th quarter release for the software.
Old 03-16-2024, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I wonder if we will have to bring in our cars to the service department or if we can update the software ourselves. I guess we will see
Old 03-16-2024, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Thank you for posting this. I’ve had my Q4 for 3 weeks and my favorite radio stations have been wiped out twice already. Very annoying. 4th quarter of this year for a fix? That’s not acceptable.

Another thing I notice is that if I don’t have my phone in the wireless charger holder, it frequently switches from radio to CarPlay on its own. So now I just put the phone in the wireless charger whether it needs charging or not.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 686 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
First, I DO NOT own a Q4 e-tron. I have an older '19 OG e-tron. Having said that my take away is that they are amazing cars, however, Audi will NEVER update them despite what your Service Advisor tells you. What they are probably referring to if anything is when Audi will start SELLING a Q4 e-tron with an updated MMI or software. But you will be hard pressed to get that update in your current Q4 e-tron.

Again, hopefully things have changed and you all are getting regular OTA updates. I just have not heard of this or had any luck ever getting a promised Audi update after the sale of the vehicle. You get what you drive off of the lot with.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Less than 4 weeks into ownership and my radio station Favorites have been wiped out 4 times already. I think I just won't waste time storing stations as favorites for a while. Very disappointing.
davjo68 (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It’s incredibly disappointing and for them to not have a fix for this problem tells us this isn’t priority.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

On Sunday I was feeling pretty good that my Favorite stations had not been deleted for more than a week. Sure enough, the next morning, all but 2 were gone.Previously I would get a message that I had no stored Favorites at all. I know it won't do any good but I plan to contact AoA to complain about this issue. Losing your stored radio channels on a weekly basis is unacceptable.

Update: I just got off the phone with someone at AoA and was told that an update is in work for 4th quarter of this year, the same info that KevinGary was given. She did not now if it is an OTA update or something you have to bring the car into the dealer for. So looks like 6 months or longer. Pretty lame.

Last edited by Bada Bing; 04-02-2024 at 12:35 PM.
davjo68 (04-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Favorites radio station deleted