Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Steering Wheel Conversion - Help With T13a to T14a Wiring Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Conversion - Help With T13a to T14a Wiring Needed

I'm swapping a S6 steering wheel into my S4, but need help with converting the wiring harness, specifically swapping out the S4 T13a harness connector for the S6 T14a connector.

I'm using the actual S6 parts (wiper and lighting stalks etc) to do the conversion rather than the cut and glue method.

I've search the archives but haven't found any specific information. I also have the wiring diagrams but they aren't that helpful.

If anyone has the instructions for the old Europrice conversion kit that Alex used to sell I'd be thankful if you could forward them on to me. Just the wiring conversion instructions would be helpful (Brdman*, Audi_80, Alex, anyone?)

I picked up the kit from another S4 owner who never used it, and unfortunately the instructions are missing. I've figured everything out easily enough except for the wiring changes needed for the cruise/light stalk connector. The kit came with two extra wires and a new connector, and looking at the S4 and S6 pin-outs the wiring seems to have been re-arranged as well.

I need to figure out where the wires from the old connector need to be moved to (I've figured most out already except for a few I *think*) and where the two new wires in the kit go.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Dave
Old 05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would the extra wires be for the intensive washer?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I used the labels on the back of the switches to figure out where to move the wires

When you say it came with two wires, do they have connctors on the end for large pins? Two of the wires that were moved had small pins on the old light switch. I ended up splicing in two wires with large pins.

I also had to swap four wires on the wiper stalk to get it to work properly. I got the connector and some wiring out of the donor car and apparently the previous owner didn't care that the wipers didn't work properly since it was exactly the same as my 93.