Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

no spark

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark

I'm new here. am also a member of audiforums.com. bought 95 S6 avant about a month ago, still haven't gotten it to start. i got it from a dealer that is also an audi mechanic, he couldnt' get it to run after he worked on it. he dont have the time. he only wants to sell cars now. he replaced, cam sensor, engine speed sensor, timing belt. I put in a new battery, and found another ecu online at junkyard. the ecu i found was chipped by MTM, i haven't opened it, so i dont know what its chipped with. i imagine stage 2. anyhow, my sister owns a garage and her mechanic is working on it to. I used her scanner and it came up with a 00513, but that aint the problem from what i have read, that code will come up anyway. I bought the ecu in the first place, cause both these mechanics said it was the ecu. the car was a one owner car, and has only 98000 on it. its in good shape, cept it wont start, no spark. was running before the dealer/mechanic worked on it. my sister has alldata, and i have been online reading everything possible. its a mystery. anyhelp will be greatly appreciated. I also have a 95 90s, and had a couple of 5Ks in the past.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audititagain
I'm new here. am also a member of audiforums.com. bought 95 S6 avant about a month ago, still haven't gotten it to start. i got it from a dealer that is also an audi mechanic, he couldnt' get it to run after he worked on it. he dont have the time. he only wants to sell cars now. he replaced, cam sensor, engine speed sensor, timing belt. I put in a new battery, and found another ecu online at junkyard. the ecu i found was chipped by MTM, i haven't opened it, so i dont know what its chipped with. i imagine stage 2. anyhow, my sister owns a garage and her mechanic is working on it to. I used her scanner and it came up with a 00513, but that aint the problem from what i have read, that code will come up anyway. I bought the ecu in the first place, cause both these mechanics said it was the ecu. the car was a one owner car, and has only 98000 on it. its in good shape, cept it wont start, no spark. was running before the dealer/mechanic worked on it. my sister has alldata, and i have been online reading everything possible. its a mystery. anyhelp will be greatly appreciated. I also have a 95 90s, and had a couple of 5Ks in the past.
If you get a check engine light when you turn the key on that then goes out after a few seconds, your ECU is fine. No CEL? Check the fuses near the ecu in the passenger footwell. Still no CEL? probably a good time to try another ECU. We had another member here with a 1.8t coil conversion that had a bad coil, causing none of the cylinders to fire (probably overloaded the ignition driver circuit which caused the ECU to turn off the coil outputs).
Old 03-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Default testing

went to sjautotechnik.com and found info for a no start, ran all the test related to ignition, ecu, pos or ignition control modules and everything worked.