Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

just got my '96 UrS6!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my '96 UrS6!!

Hey everyone,
This is my first post on this site. I just got my mint condition UrS6 with 170k. Aside for the odd squeeky bushing and some minor mechanical and electrical faults.. car is pretty much tip top.
Previous owner upgraded suspension with bilstein shocks and H&R springs, brakes are big Red stage 2 fom ECS tuning. Engine has new samcos and thats pretty much it.

First few things I wanna do (aside for fixing squeeks) is upgrade lights with HIDs, can anyone recommend a kit for this car and where can i get reasonnalby priced euro lenses? Also, this thing came with audi carphone, you know the old school dinosaur from the 90s thats integrated with sound system.. is there anyone who figured out a way to use this thing with a cell phone, either using a bluetooth device or cable?? i'll probably keep it there for originality anyways.

Another little fault is that heated mirrors don't seem to work, previous owner changed mirrors for chromed ones, i don't know wether he changed the entire mirror or just the cover.. i'll find out soon, is anyone familliar with this problem?

words of wisdom anyone, this is my first car, and i'm a bit of a newb.

TIA
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is your very "first" car? ..........run............

Pics or it didn't happen..........
Old 05-17-2009, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Try ddmtuning.com for the HID's. They seem to have pretty affordable kits and some people on this forum have ordered them, like myself, and have been happy with the results. Congrats. Definitely need pics
Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, enjoy... sound like a beauty, of course it's hard to compete with speedteks jewel. How are those ribs? (Jeff)
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

For the mirrors to work, it has to be cold outside, like around 35deg F. Good luck with the car. You,re going to love it.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mchaloux
How are those ribs? (Jeff)
Still sore, but getting better.

Seriously though (oliver917), you're going to have a lot of fun with that beast (good and bad) enjoy it . You're in for a steep learning curve though, these are not cars that will allow you to let little things slide for any length of time. You have to stay on top of the maintenance, be sure to get a handle on that minor stuff before it becomes major.
Welcome aboard........now, about those pics........
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wait, this is your first car? Wow. Um. .... so can I hold onto your valuables? You know... just in case? I call dibs on the brake setup too.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanx to all who gave advice, I'm really excited to get this project started. I've read many different topics and have gotten familiar with common problems and fixes so i'll be able to watch out for them.

I know its a handful for a first car but I think i'll be alright.

I've attached pic.

Cash68, my valuables are already taken care of! thanx anyways ;-)
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Where's home Oliver? Your car looks great!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i'm in Montreal pretty close to downtown, the pic I posted is misleading cuz it was taken by previous owner a his house. Nothing has changed on the car since that pic so i needn't take new ones.

anytone else in MTL?

Quick Reply: just got my '96 UrS6!!