Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Here I go again,the brake warning light comes on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here I go again,the brake warning light comes on...

the brake warning light comes on again.I've replaced the Acccumulator & brake servo months ago.it caused the brake pedal to be thrumbling (feel like the ABS activating)all da time.

I've got the brake servo from my local Audi authorized dealer.and bought the Accumulator from the Ex-owner of the UrS6.
I think the bomb was manufactured over 5-6 years ago.it came up with the old style box of the VW/Audi oem parts in the early of '90.

my problem 's here.last night i've got my car to the crowded traffic.definitely,i hit more brake.sometimes when i step on the brake pedal(unreleased the foot yet).the warning light comes on (!) for 1-2 mins.i need to accelerate
for a while then the light off.

for the pumping brake pedal test.I've got 20-25times.is it considering that my bomb is being weak?sometimes I let the car off for 1-2hrs tried to hit the brake i've got only a few time before it will rock hard.

So i'm just curious that if there's the expired date for the brand new unused bomb?may be the nitro gas discharged itself after....years?
I noticed that my brand new brake servo also had the expired date identified on the box.mine will be expired in Jan,2008
Old 02-24-2007, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'll tell you what happened to me.

Could also be a bad pump. Have you had any issues with steering feel/slop?

Here's my story:

I had a brand new bomb installed from Worldpac. Turns out in it wasn't manufactured properly and bits of metal were left inside, resulting in a bunch of fine metallic particles floating around my hydraulic system ruining the internals. Drop a magnet down in your reservoir. I now keep one in the bottom of the screen filter, just in case.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Here I go again,the brake warning light comes on...

I had the same problem Pop, turns out to be only a bad ground...one of the wires was damaged/loose and I had the warning light (!). Hard accelerating or cornering seems to fix the problem temporarely, but the light always come back...I guess it just moved the loose wire and make the connection. Good luck!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's a great iddea!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default that's great idea!!

i've ever heard the oil pan magnetic nut that using the same way as yours.the steering pump has been overhauled for a year.
i've got a small leak on the outlet hydraulic hose which runs from the pump to the rack&pinion.
anyway,sometimes i feel like the steering wheel get hard when the car is stationary i need to accelerate a bit to build up more pressure.