Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

A Few More Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Few More Questions!!

Where can i buy the interior lights? I havent found any sites or stores that carry the bulbs.

Where can i find the headlight washer? Not the pump, but the washer itself...

I need every side molding, their all deformed.

Needs a new head and/or motor.... could use a new trans.

I saved a s4 from hitting the junk yard,but now i cant find any parts for it.

maybe im not looking in the right places.

I can use all the help i can get.

And i was told this is the place to do so.

Future Thanks
Kevin
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your car has that many problems, save yourself and everyone else the grief and send it to the wrecking yard. You'll pour more money in it than it will be worth at the end. Buy a good used runnner instead.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree from the sound of it... find a nice ~$3,000-4,000 starter S4/6 and part out that other Audi.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Listen to Heels and Dave. Even a VERY GOOD, well maintained S car is going to cost you a fair amount to keep up.

I have found the cost of maintaining mine to be on par with the Porsche. If you're thinking this is a good way to get a cheap fast car then all you're doing is kidding yourself. EVERYTHING on these cars is expensive and neglect is a sure pathway to an empty wallet.

Find a good one and use the other one for bits.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Moneys not a problem... I could car less about it.. I plan on building it up, I just need the parts.... runs strong.... Just A few problems... No electrical problems yet. When that comes into play then ill toss it... Built a 98 Gti into basically an R32. That cost a S*** load..
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastAssS4
Moneys not a problem... I could car less about it.. I plan on building it up, I just need the parts.... runs strong.... Just A few problems... No electrical problems yet. When that comes into play then ill toss it... Built a 98 Gti into basically an R32. That cost a S*** load..
Dude. Get your story straight. How does "runs strong" correlate to "Needs a new head and/or motor.... could use a new trans" in your initial post? Which is it?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im not parting it out or selling it... Im doing the repairs and keeping it... Just show me the way.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

it runs strong.... was over boosted by renology. they wont repair what they broke. so im gonna have to do it... it has 200k so i want a new motor so it will last..theyre rare cars so i want to keep it. if i find a long block, i will build it up. I wanna build it myself, my cars last wheni build them. it needs new valve seals, so that would be the quick fix. id rather just buy a new head, port it and replace everything. then work on the bottom end. the body i could care less about.. till then ill run it till it dies
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess the point is there is a place where you run in to diminishing return on some cars. This is not a 250GTB 2+2, and rare only has value to a point. See what any insurance company will give you if you wreck it and you'll see what I mean.

That said, if you're going to redo the motor I'd just make sure the bottom end has not suffered from neglect before you get too far along. There are also a few good parts cars out there if you wanted to combine a couple to yield a single good car. Mine has 200k+ and is going strong. I expect 400k+. These 20v i5T motors are bulletproof is you keep the oil clean.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree with Goheels and urs4boy on this but a good place to get parts is car-part.com it searches all the yards around you but don't get me wrong you'll be paying a pretty penny for a urs4 motor.

Quick Reply: A Few More Questions!!