Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

A couple new pictures after coilover install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple new pictures after coilover install.

Just finished installing the 2Bennett coil program kit. The car feels amazing.

And a couple of my buddies jetta.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. That looks hot. Not the cheap *** jetta, but your car. The drop look fantastic. How much were they? >braces oneself for answer<
Old 04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cash68
Wow. That looks hot. Not the cheap *** jetta, but your car. The drop look fantastic. How much were they? >braces oneself for answer<
Well, luckily when I ordered them, 2B was having a suspension sale. With the coil program kit, shipping and the required welding work it was just under $2k. The hardest part of the installation was finding someone that could do the required welding without charging a ton. Completely worth the $$ IMO

Next up is control arms(again), tie-rods, and aluminum front and rear subframe mounts and some Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's
Old 04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Coil kit

Originally Posted by Derrick_K
Well, luckily when I ordered them, 2B was having a suspension sale. With the coil program kit, shipping and the required welding work it was just under $2k. The hardest part of the installation was finding someone that could do the required welding without charging a ton. Completely worth the $$ IMO

Next up is control arms(again), tie-rods, and aluminum front and rear subframe mounts and some Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's
Might u be able to tell me exactly which Coil setup u have from 2B, it seems to fit like a glove with the rims in the pic also ? Exactly how an S-car should look, looks darn sweet .
Old 04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AWDreams
Might u be able to tell me exactly which Coil setup u have from 2B, it seems to fit like a glove with the rims in the pic also ? Exactly how an S-car should look, looks darn sweet .

It is the Coil Program Kit. Which includes front/rear springs, "Revolution" camber plates, and shocks. It is four corner height adjustable and you are able to specify which spring rates you want and you have shock options too.

For spring rates I went with 380 in the front and 500 in the rear which seems to be their basic package. And it is plenty stiff.

As for front shocks there are a couple different options. External adjustable Koni's or double external adjustable Koni Race shocks. I chose the single external adjustable Koni's in the front because I didn't see the need for race shocks in a street application and I think there is a warranty as well. And the rears came pre assembled, but I believe they are Koni sports.

The setup allows adjustability of height, camber/caster and dampening of the front shocks(external). So far I am extremely happy with it. The car handles amazingly and is still smooth enough to drive daily on Las Vegas roads.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Coil kit

Originally Posted by Derrick_K

It is the Coil Program Kit. Which includes front/rear springs, "Revolution" camber plates, and shocks. It is four corner height adjustable and you are able to specify which spring rates you want and you have shock options too.

For spring rates I went with 380 in the front and 500 in the rear which seems to be their basic package. And it is plenty stiff.

As for front shocks there are a couple different options. External adjustable Koni's or double external adjustable Koni Race shocks. I chose the single external adjustable Koni's in the front because I didn't see the need for race shocks in a street application and I think there is a warranty as well. And the rears came pre assembled, but I believe they are Koni sports.

The setup allows adjustability of height, camber/caster and dampening of the front shocks(external). So far I am extremely happy with it. The car handles amazingly and is still smooth enough to drive daily on Las Vegas roads.
Ive been interested in a Coilover setup for the S6 and this one seems to be very well put together, did they tell u to rotate your wheels constantly, ive heard the wear and tear on rubber with lowering springs and Coilover kits are harsh. But never the less i still want one, how many hours were involved in the welding process ? Have u also looked into a rear swaybar ? I know the only model to have a swaybar was the early 92/S4 . O34 has a Coilover setup also .... have u heard any feedback from there setup ?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

The welding was one hour per side. And the installation of the front was a pita.

I haven't really looked into the idea of a rear sway bar. I've read a lot of info about the different options though. Maybe another mod in the future.

034's coilover is a modified KW setup. I haven't seen any feedback about that kit which is one reason I went with 2B.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will second the potenza's, I am loving them. Be careful with the solid subframe mounts, for street use they are over kill and for racing they can throw you into a different class...

On a side note 2B informed me the the F/R weight distribution divided around the rear view mirrors so you will need to raise the back of that car up a touch if you find understeer to be a problem when powering out of a corner.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What welding was required to make these work?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audidrvr
I will second the potenza's, I am loving them. Be careful with the solid subframe mounts, for street use they are over kill and for racing they can throw you into a different class...

On a side note 2B informed me the the F/R weight distribution divided around the rear view mirrors so you will need to raise the back of that car up a touch if you find understeer to be a problem when powering out of a corner.
Thank you for the tip.

Quick Reply: A couple new pictures after coilover install.