Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Anyone know Patrick Vamvakas? He is selling stuff on audifans...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know Patrick Vamvakas? He is selling stuff on audifans...

I transferred money to him on the 26 and then asked him for a tracking number 2 days ago (the 2nd of march) and then again this morning with no response. I have heard of some people getting scammed lately so was just wondering if anyone knows him or maybe I need to call paypal to try and get my money. He was very fast with emails while in the negotiation phase of things and now nothing.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I go to school with him and I can vouch for him

good guy and I helped him tear down the car he is parting. I know we are all busy, but he works 40+ hours a week, full time student and he just got diagnosed with some crazy lung infection...You'll get your parts... E-mail me if you don't hear from him and I'll knock some sense into him!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

He is always slow to ship. Be patient and send him reminders.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cool, Thanks. Was just getting nervous with all the scams that have been going around. I will be

patient.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've bought things from him in the past and I had no problems, good guy in my book.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

He sounds sick and busy. I feel better knowing that though.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i had a dispute with him through Paypal, bought a power steering pump on Nov 19/2008.

I needed one badly, the price was good and he said he'd ship it the next day.....2 weeks later i asked for the tracking number to see what's up with my package.....he said he'll ship it the following day and send me the tracking number.....he tells me this after 2 weeks.....alright...3 days later i emailed him again asking if the package was shipped yet and get me the tracking number.....he sais give it more time....finally the package was delivered on Dec 8/2008....you do the math how long it took.
I finally get the pump, install it and it's knocking like crazy...power steering works but the shaft has play in/out and the pump knocks big time....old one was quiet...hmmm.
Anyway, i was really pissed that it took forever to get it and once installed it sounds like a diesel but what bothered me the most is that he lied to me...i'll ship it tomorow, tomorow, tomorow and so on.
Everybody's busy, i'm busy, you're busy, he's busy.....he's in school and working, i was in school and working at the time....i needed to drive my car everyday for 100 miles.....I could have bought the pump from somebody else(i actually had someone else lined up with only $15 more)?
Lying makes things worst....a lot worst.
I bet he's a really nice guy on everyday basis and I'm sorry to hear that he's sick, i see his ads on audifans, good prices and all but honestly, I don't think I will ever buy from him again....unless he seriously gets his $^%t together.
I had a dispute opened through Paypal after 16 days since I paid and didn't get anything which in the end gave him the money because the item has been delivered at some point....nothing else mattered. It wasn't about the money, I really really needed a pump because i really really needed my car. That's all.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Weldo, being prompt when you are holding someone's money is part of the deal.

They pay you for a part, you don't sit on their money while you're "busy".

If he is so busy that he can't do reasonabley normal business, then he should take down his ads until such time as he is able to do business.

Or in his ads say something like the following:

"Due to my schedule, I can only ship parts once every other week."
Old 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree, and understand where you're coming from

I probably should've put a disclaimer like that when I was selling off a lot of my stuff/parting cars. I know sometimes things get crazy every now and then and makes us loose track of time.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I bought Stroker//S4's old block through him

Stand up guy.

Quick Reply: Anyone know Patrick Vamvakas? He is selling stuff on audifans...