Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Undecided on European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EurocarAdventure
Based on my experience with 3 EDs this is correct. Between drop off and redelivery it is the carriers responsibility. Just be sure to document dropoff condition.
OOPs 1000 euro deductible
Old 11-26-2013, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOPs 1000 euro deductible
Audi ED Program is slowest then BMW, MBZ and Volvo and now with this 1000 EUR more than few driver will look at other cars brands.
In addition, moving production of Q5 from Germany to Mexico - that mean Q5 will be drop off from List of cars qualified for ED soon.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Audi ED Program is slowest then BMW, MBZ and Volvo and now with this 1000 EUR more than few driver will look at other cars brands.
In addition, moving production of Q5 from Germany to Mexico - that mean Q5 will be drop off from List of cars qualified for ED soon.
Possibly true but BMW makes X3, X5, and X6 in S. Carolina so they are not available for ED either. MB makes GL, M, and R class SUVs in Alabama.

ED for most people is not the reason to buy 1 brand over another since you will be driving whatever you get for a while. Buy what you want to own and if ED is a good deal go for it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Possibly true but BMW makes X3, X5, and X6 in S. Carolina so they are not available for ED either. MB makes GL, M, and R class SUVs in Alabama.

ED for most people is not the reason to buy 1 brand over another since you will be driving whatever you get for a while. Buy what you want to own and if ED is a good deal go for it.
Yes, but with X1, X3 and X5 you can do Performance Center Delivery!
Hypothetically speaking:
Person Joe D. decided get Audi A4 by European Delivery Program.
Joe went to his local Audi Dealership where SA told him, that he can get better deal to get car straight from a lot. Joe insist on ED - SA has no idea what this mean (95% of the case). Joe search and find you AudiWorld ED forum. Let's say Joe is a very smart guy who start read this forum from WIKI and FAQ section. He find out that not only his local SA has no idea - no one have good idea about AUDI ED pricing, plus issue with $1000 deposit.
During his search Joe find out about Bimmerfest ED forum and all this info available to him, including ED price, more than few sponsors, who offer "special deal" for forum members. Then he test drive both 328i and A4 - his mind will be set in 1 min witch car he will pick up in Germany.
P.S. What I trying to say - with out proper help and support from AUDI ED department, and local Audi dealership Audi ED program will be always behind BMW, MBZ and Volvo.

I do not use 335i and S4 in this example.

Last edited by TIME89; 11-27-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Then he test drive both 328i and A4 - his mind will be set in 1 min witch car he will pick up in Germany.
Joe would probably lean toward the A4 since there is almost a $10k price difference. Like a few others have said, don't buy the car for the delivery program. It is just a nice option to have.

I am going to send my offer over to the dealer and see if they bite. I am a little concerned that they aren't that familiar with the ED program but I think it will be okay.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MLWings19
Joe would probably lean toward the A4 since there is almost a $10k price difference. Like a few others have said, don't buy the car for the delivery program. It is just a nice option to have.

I am going to send my offer over to the dealer and see if they bite. I am a little concerned that they aren't that familiar with the ED program but I think it will be okay.
Good luck! We will help you with any ED question
Old 12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got back from the dealer. Check out the new thread I started. Fingers crossed.

My A4 European Delivery Experience
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid having audi drill holes in the front grill for states that don't require a license plate upfront??

I just ordered an S5 and the dealer told me it is a must, based on german laws. I would like to see some temporary install solution instead. Don't want to ruin a brand new grill if I don't have to.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have seen a few posts that people have been pulled over in Europe for not having a front license plate. Mainly in Germany and France. I have done some research and it seems that there are a bunch of options to affix the license plate to the front of the car without drilling. There is even a show n go mechanical option on Amazon. Unfortunately, Maryland requires a front plate. Once I get my A4 I will probably end up looking for an option to relocate the front plate.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe there is no choice but to have the plate put on in Germany. This probably sounds like a waste of money, but you could order the car WITH the front plate mount, to which the factory will affix the plate. Then you could separately order the front trim piece without the plate mount, about $90 if I recall, and swap them when the car is delivered. You would then have the plate mount if you ever moved to a state that required it, or you could sell it on Ebay. This is what I did even though I live in a state that requires a front plate.

Quick Reply: Undecided on European Delivery