Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Our 2014 Q5 TDI - May ED Planning

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HerrK
Our last day with the Q5 tomorrow, Thur, turning in at our 4 pm schedule time. Driving from Rothenburg o.d. T. to Munich and then give the car a wash/wax and turn it over. All in all a great driving trip. The spa days in Badenweiller were fantastic. Got to drive my wife's cousin's M3 in the Eifel. Stopped by the Grune Holle during the 4 hr German endurance race so no laps for the Q5. Over to Cochem for an afternoon. Stopped outside of Frankfurt to visit some relatives on our way over to Rothenburg for 3 days of sun and fun exploring the old city. Cheers! Trip write up & photos to follow after our return to the states.
Thanks for feed back. Following you on two forums.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Turned in the Q5 after a quick wash (AGIP station @ airport) removed and reboxed the roof racks, removed the safety triangle, first aid kit, safety vests, cleaned up the interior (Lederpfleger) & quick wax in parking garage of Hilton "City". Received a "nice and clean" comment from the lady at the Log In location. 1133 miles at turn in. It was a beautiful warm evening in Munchen last night. Rode the U Bahn over to Marienplatz for dinner and a couple of biers while the Frau was resting Indoors (allergy attack from some blooming trees). Street musicians were out and about along Marianplatz Strasse. First time I got to see the Glockenspiel and surrounding church's lighted in the evening, quite a picturesque site against the clear sky. Today was some shopping around Marianplatz and then a ride on the S2 out to Erding to visit the Erdinger brewery and pick up some bier glasses at the Erdinger fanshop. Stopped in for a great meal at the Hotel & Gaststatte zum Ederiger Weisbrau - highly recommended if you're ever in Erding.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Turned in the Q5 after a quick wash (AGIP station @ airport) removed and reboxed the roof racks, removed the safety triangle, first aid kit, safety vests, cleaned up the interior (Lederpfleger) & quick wax in parking garage of Hilton "City". Received a "nice and clean" comment from the lady at the Log In location. 1133 miles at turn in. It was a beautiful warm evening in Munchen last night. Rode the U Bahn over to Marienplatz for dinner and a couple of biers while the Frau was resting Indoors (allergy attack from some blooming trees). Street musicians were out and about along Marianplatz Strasse. First time I got to see the Glockenspiel and surrounding church's lighted in the evening, quite a picturesque site against the clear sky. Today was some shopping around Marianplatz and then a ride on the S2 out to Erding to visit the Erdinger brewery and pick up some bier glasses at the Erdinger fanshop. Stopped in for a great meal at the Hotel & Gaststatte zum Ederiger Weisbrau - highly recommended if you're ever in Erding.
Thanks for sharing your experience with this forum - please post some pics also.
Have a safe fly home.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you remove the safety triangle, first aid kit and safety vests? What did you do with them?
Old 05-29-2014, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gforaker
Why did you remove the safety triangle, first aid kit and safety vests? What did you do with them?
I packed them in our luggage. If you leave them in the vehicle they will likely be removed as these parts are not standard US equipment. The checkin lady at Munich LogIn opened the triangle cover to see if it was empty.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's been advised to take everything that can be removed from the car. There have been incidents where items were removed/stolen.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alatsacto
It's been advised to take everything that can be removed from the car. There have been incidents where items were removed/stolen.
Yes, I gathered that was the case. Still, we usually return with so many souvenirs that there may not be room for bulky items.

What about fuel? Should one leave the tank as empty as possible? I am sure that they wouldn't drain it, but the dealer or Audi may put some fuel in.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, I gathered that was the case. Still, we usually return with so many souvenirs that there may not be room for bulky items.

What about fuel? Should one leave the tank as empty as possible? I am sure that they wouldn't drain it, but the dealer or Audi may put some fuel in.
They politely ask to leave 1/4 of tank of gas.
Car need move in and out from trailer, then in and out from ship, then to US Custom lot, etc.
This is news to me:
please schedule your vehicle drop off at least four (4) days prior to your return trip and within the maximum temporary registration and insurance period of your vehicle

I drop my car on 14 day and get it back with out any issue.

Customer Drop off Process

To ensure a worry-free drop-off experience, we recommend you contact your preferred drop-off location at least 4 days prior to your requested drop off date. All locations are closed on nationally recognized holidays. It is the customer's responsibility to be aware of the national holidays and not drop off on one.

German National Holidays: 1/1, 1/6, 3/29, 4/1, 5/1, 5/9, 5/20, 5/30, 8/15, 10/3, 11/1, 12/25, 12/26, 12/31

Please remember to schedule your drop off date within the expiration date of your registration and insurance.

It is also important to remove all personal effects and non-factory installed accessories, such as luggage, car seats, etc. before dropping off your vehicle. Personal effects may not be returned to you, and removing them from your vehicle will help avoid possible delays and additional costs from US
Customs. Only the original spare tire, jack, and tools are shipped with the car.

Last edited by TIME89; 06-02-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well it's been awhile catching up at work, after our 3 Week ED. The wife's Q5 is on the AURIGA LEADER. Departed Bremerhaven on 6 June, passed through the Panama Canal yesterday and heading North to CA, a newer vessel circa 2008, and is making really good time. The current expected date of arrival for the vessel at the port of San Diego is the 2nd of July. Hope to get our pictures organized and post a proper trip report sometime soon. Looking forward to redelivery!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The wife's Q5 is on the AURIGA LEADER. Departed Bremerhaven on 6 June
Interesting - you dropped off exactly 1 week before me but your car left 12 days ahead of mine. So Frankfurt is "farther" from Bremerhaven than Munich is...

Quick Reply: Our 2014 Q5 TDI - May ED Planning