Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
No, I mean MSRP.

Look around when any new S car comes out - there absolutely is a "market price adjustment" or whatever the dealer wants to call it. I think my dealer gets 3? allocations a year for the S6. Heck, look at any rare car and you'll find the same - new Corvette ZR1, Z06 when they were first out.

As TIME89 points out, Audi's Invoice vs MSRP is more "real" than many makes, so 5% off MSRP is often "better" than "invoice" pricing - and for a "common" car you may well be able to negotiate beyond that.

Now as we head into the 3rd year of the C7 S6, it certainly may be that prices come down. My dealer said most of his S6 sales were for 2012 cars as people had been waiting for a new S6 for quite some time. Nonetheless he's apparently still able to get a premium for the S6 and S7.
Your dealer may only get three allocations per year, but it's my understanding that ED orders don't come our of dealer allocations. So as TIME posted, you will still be eligible for 5 percent off MSRP. I only specify that because this is, supposedly, a discussion on European pick ups.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jatp
Your dealer may only get three allocations per year, but it's my understanding that ED orders don't come out of dealer allocations. So as TIME posted, you will still be eligible for 5 percent off MSRP. I only specify that because this is, supposedly, a discussion on European pick ups.
jatp is correct - ED cars do not came out from dealer allocations.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Your dealer may only get three allocations per year, but it's my understanding that ED orders don't come our of dealer allocations.
Correct. [ETA: Actually it might not be completely correct - I seem to recall reading, and hearing supporting comments by my salesguy, that the dealer must have an allocation to order the car, but that allocation will be replaced at some later point in time. I believe someone here actually had their ED delayed for a new/rare/whatever car because their dealer did NOT have an allocation available. No personal experience.]

So as TIME posted, you will still be eligible for 5 percent off MSRP. I only specify that because this is, supposedly, a discussion on European pick ups.
In case it wasn't clear, my response thread is to negotiating European Delivery prices below the 5% off MSRP. I added the data points about non-ED selling prices for my ED car to help folks evaluate further negotiation. In my experience it's helpful to know what something sells for elsewhere when one goes to negotiate. If you feel that isn't true then by all means feel free to ignore my data.

Last edited by Richard Solomon; 05-14-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

One time one of SA, as soon as I told him that I would like to get my Q5 with European Delivery told me - I will give you a way better price right now - from the lot, if you willing to skip ED. and I'm not only one who get the same threat from salesperson.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting... So some of these more limited models, you could potentially be paying above MSRP? I guess I never bought anything so exclusive where I would have to pay above retail price from the actual manufacturer of the item. I would feel bad enough paying full retail price on an item, let alone paying above retail.

So if I walked into a dealership and wanted to custom build a brand new car, I couldn't simply build one and pay MSRP? I guess at the end of the day, it's all about supply and demand. And like you guys are saying, if dealerships are limited to a number of a specific model and you have multiple buyers fighting for those slots, then I guess I can understand the logic. If that's the case, then wouldn't the manufacturer either increase production or increase the MSRP?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Interesting... So some of these more limited models, you could potentially be paying above MSRP? I guess I never bought anything so exclusive where I would have to pay above retail price from the actual manufacturer of the item. I would feel bad enough paying full retail price on an item, let alone paying above retail.

So if I walked into a dealership and wanted to custom build a brand new car, I couldn't simply build one and pay MSRP? I guess at the end of the day, it's all about supply and demand. And like you guys are saying, if dealerships are limited to a number of a specific model and you have multiple buyers fighting for those slots, then I guess I can understand the logic. If that's the case, then wouldn't the manufacturer either increase production or increase the MSRP?
We take over Original Thread to totally new direction.
To comments of your post - I came across this article - The Cars Americans Do Not Want to Buy
Reading yesterday that Audi Q5 spend average 14 days on lot before sold.

Last edited by TIME89; 05-14-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

**Update - Customer Information Form - Note that you should read the package they send you carefully. There is a general note to return the Customer Information Form at least 45 days before your pick-up. I suggest filling it out early and sending it back.

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
I officially placed my order last Saturday. From my dealers notes it looks like the ordering guide came in around 4/17. I will try to keep a running log about how things are proceeding and the timing, but so far the word from the factory is that my dates are fine.

Order Date: 4/19
Audi Packet Arrival: 5/13
New Factory Tour Scheduled: 6/5
Customer Information Form Confirmation: 6/25
Order Delivery Confirmation Date:
Desired Delivery Date: 8/12
Actual Delivery Date:
Drop Off Location: Frankfurt
Drop off Date: 8/19 or 8/20
Ship to: California, Bay Area
Container Ship Start Date:
Container Ship Port of Entry:
Additional Transports:

Are there any other dates I should track for people? Also anyone know of a great garage in the Marais neighborhood in Paris. I don't really want to park my new toy on the street if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dgrant69; 06-26-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Update Info
Old 06-28-2014, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
**Update - Customer Information Form - Note that you should read the package they send you carefully. There is a general note to return the Customer Information Form at least 45 days before your pick-up. I suggest filling it out early and sending it back.
Just heard from the European Delivery office and the Factory Tours are closed August 2-24. The good news is my car delivery is still on track, but I am definitely bummed about not seeing the factory.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I heard the same thing yesterday. Disappointed to be sure, but it will get us out of Ingolstadt sooner and on our way
Old 06-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
I heard the same thing yesterday. Disappointed to be sure, but it will get us out of Ingolstadt sooner and on our way
True and we want to drive to Paris the same day, so it sort of works. They did offer us a $100 gift card. I am not sure that quite makes up for it, but I am really there to get my car.

Quick Reply: Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5