Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)

Old 06-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)

Folks - time has come.

Dealer has asked to pay destination charge of $925 on ED. Is this something that is standing and we pay for ED OR do I need to push back on this?

thanks in advance
Old 06-19-2014, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiseguy67
Folks - time has come.

Dealer has asked to pay destination charge of $925 on ED. Is this something that is standing and we pay for ED OR do I need to push back on this?

thanks in advance
You have to pay distanation charge. I post here replay from Audi ED regarding distanation charges. Not in front of my PC to search for you.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I supposed that *EVERYTHING* is in some sense negotiable, but as TIME89 pointed out, the destination charge is a part of the "standard" ED price determination.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ination+charge

I paid it on my car.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Well, I supposed that *EVERYTHING* is in some sense negotiable, but as TIME89 pointed out, the destination charge is a part of the "standard" ED price determination.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ination+charge

I paid it on my car.
I did too. I think only MBZ and Volvo wave this charges.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Dealer offered me 5% off MSRP and asked for the $1k deposit up front.

Guess thats the best deal (FYI - i dont qualify for the loyalty or conquest discount).
Old 06-20-2014, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Guess thats the best deal (FYI - i dont qualify for the loyalty or conquest discount).
5% off is the standard deal, deposit varies, as apparently does the VAT deposit. My dealer took a check for $4K and held it to place the order. When I paid for the car, he handed back the check. No VAT check ever requested.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You in luck - Because you live in California - deposit is refundable if you change your mind.
$1K - he just wont to make sure you not run to another dealership.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
5% off is the standard deal, deposit varies, as apparently does the VAT deposit. My dealer took a check for $4K and held it to place the order. When I paid for the car, he handed back the check. No VAT check ever requested.
No more VAT check required!!!!
If your dealer asking for it - that mean he has no idea what he is doing or last time done ED 3 yrs ago.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tough Dealer Negotiations

I talked to 3 dealers and none would allow any more than the standard 5% discount off of the Total MSRP including local delivery and purchased options. All three would not throw in the delivery when asked knowing that the $925 could be a deal breaker. I did not have to put down a Deposit, and I did get my dealer to agree to hold the 19% V.A.T. check rather than cash it, as it will be returned after I take delivery in the USA. I pick up the 2015 A-6 TDI Prestige in Ingolstadt in September, 2014. Octoberfest is FUN but Lodging and Restaurants are busier than normal. Get your reservations as early as possible.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TIME89
No more VAT check required!!!!
If your dealer asking for it - that mean he has no idea what he is doing or last time done ED 3 yrs ago.
That's not really fair TIME89, the 2013 Dealer Guide still called for a VAT check from the customer.

The 2014 Dealer Guide says (emphasis mine):
Audi of America no longer requires the dealer to collect the Value Added Tax (19% of the MSRP) from the customer. It is at the dealer’s discretion to collect the VAT from the customer prior to delivery to secure his/her own financial liability. If the customer does not return the vehicle within 90 days of delivery, the dealer will be re-invoiced by Audi of America for the VAT.
So especially if it's a dealer you do not have an existing relationship with, their asking for VAT is simple self-protection on their part!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)