Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

MyAudi app issues today

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I need to get caught up on the acronyms. What does FoD stand for?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by tboo72
I need to get caught up on the acronyms. What does FoD stand for?
Function on Demand. Certain hardware/software option which built into the car, but not ordered by the customer at time of purchase, can be ordered later though myAudi app purchase (matrix light, Smartphone interface, etc). This is already working in the EU.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Brilliant thanks for this information - does make me feel a little better that Digital Services were not lying about this one!

Lets see what comes out of the my audi>car issue - Unfortunately they do not have the same/similar age e-tron in stock otherwise we would have tried / proven the issue there and then however last week I had a brand new A8 and they gave me the 10 digit code... sure enough, it worked fine.

I'm currently in a 10 month old e-tron 55 and they don't have the tag for this one but I suspect being a late 2020, it will work without any issues.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

152 comments and counting. Not surprising given how often the service doesn't work.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Just a quick update - the TPI for the FOD has been applied and I can now see Matrix lights in FOD but nothing else - currently on the phone to digital services regarding this.
The car is still with Audi and sure enough, regardless of the update, it made no difference to the my audi app connectivity. The dealer has logged an incident with Audi for both issues although I may resolve the missing FOD (light package I think is the only one I should have additional).

Will update as and when I find out more regarding the My Audi app. Whatever they're doing at the dealership, I still stand-by my original point that SOMETHING is waking up the module to talk to the app every so often.
I know when its charging the app knows this...when it completes, the app knows this.
But today while its been at the dealership, its not been on charge but still over the course of 7 hours, the app has had updates (however manual requests are still failing).

This to me still sounds like if the module wakes up, it sends a ping to the app but otherwise its not. The SOS light in my case has remained green.
When comparing to the A8 (same touchscreen setup) and my old SQ5, the SOS light also remained green but in both cases, the adhoc requests to send functions or refresh status worked.

So maybe the module is falling asleep and waking up only periodically or when something triggers it and at the same time, it then talks to the app?

Old 07-15-2021, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the recommended factory reset of advanced charging profile, and went so far as to remove Key User and my MyAudi login from the car, and the app. Once I reinstated Key User and login (using the 10-character code) it still send commands to my car, same error.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean't it still WON'T send commands to the car, says car can't be reached.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ehchan
I mean't it still WON'T send commands to the car, says car can't be reached.
Yeah, it's not the car that is the problem it's Audi's stupid servers. The car is communicating with the platform as you can see the remaining miles, etc. in the App so the communication is only one way at this point in time. Fiddling with the settings in the cars is probably pointless at this point in time because if it was the car that was the problem no info would be sent from it to Audi's servers. This is all on the backend. Again, I would be fired from my company if I had an issue that lasted this long. The fact that Audi won't even communicate the issue and what they're doing to resolve it is just poor for a company that sells luxury cars.

Old 07-15-2021, 02:03 PM
AudiAudiBangBang

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

My 2019 Prestige is with the dealership for the last 3 days getting the software diagnosed for MyAudi connection issues among other things. They got me into another e-Tron as a loaner, Will report back on what they find and if they fix it.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

I’m going in on 7/20. Fingers crossed.

I asked them to install every update they have. My understanding is because of the antiquated dealer reimbursement process they won’t install an update unless I complain about a specific issue. Hence my 11 visits in 23 months of ownership. Absolutely silly. Waste of time and resources.

Quick Reply: MyAudi app issues today