Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Leaking in heavy rain?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2021 e-tron prestige. I wonder were my profile went ?
Old 11-10-2022, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlcutter
Hi, just went through hurricane Nicole. I left the car out uncovered. Big mistake. Roof leaked again. Back part by rear window and then onto the covering for the tire etc.
I had the drains cleared about a month ago just before Ian. Had the car under cover for that and no leaks.
you’d think for a 90K car they would have firgured not to have leaks.
I’ll call the dealer and set it up for a cosmetic fix. Took pics for documentation. Just frustrating.

I notice most everyone gets leaking in the front. Anyone have leaks in the hatch area?
So sorry to read this . Our leak was in the front, nothing in the rear. Dealer fixed it, and we’ve been thru heavy rains and Ian, plus car wash no issues. Hopefully they get it fixed for you.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine did this once too. I opened and closed the sunroof and it hasn't done it since. Not sure if that was actually what made it stop or not.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the input. Im.taking the car to the dealership tomorrow. The back is still damp. I’m really more concerned about water damage and mold. Hopefully they will tell me more than just cleaning out the drains. Fingers crossed
Old 11-16-2022, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 688 Likes on 499 Posts

'19 Prestige. It is always garaged. I left it out front during a persistent rain yesterday. Moved it to the garage last night and the headliner near the driver's side spotlight was dripping. Calling service this AM.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got the car back yesterday. They had to dig deeper into the car. They discovered one of the drain hoses actually had a kink in it and wasn’t draining at all. It took a bit of time to get new hoses and install them.
I’ll enclose a link to the walk around and what the tech says about the hoses. Perhaps it can help others.
It’s actually rainy in central Florida right now and I parked the car outside. Fingers crossed.

here’s the link
https://asr.autonation.com/PqglNViKxE
Old 11-22-2022, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got the car back yesterday. They had to dig deeper into the car. They discovered one of the drain hoses actually had a kink in it and wasn’t draining at all. It took a bit of time to get new hoses and install them.
I’ll enclose a link to the walk around and what the tech says about the hoses. Perhaps it can help others.
It’s actually rainy in central Florida right now and I parked the car outside. Fingers crossed.

here’s the link
https://asr.autonation.com/PqglNViKxE
That great to see they found it. I too live locally here in Central Florida and those guys at Audi South have been great with all my past Audis (4x). My first service is in 3000 miles, so I'll see what updates I have to get.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah. They are pretty nice and keep me posted. I am a huge fan of knowing the status of my car while it’s being worked in. I’ve had three cars from them. So far I really like the e-tron. I like your cars color. It looks like Siam Beige? Nice.

one thing we don’t need living in Fl is a leak in the car. I had an older Audi GT coupe. That car really leaked. It was a lot of fun though.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah. They are pretty nice and keep me posted. I am a huge fan of knowing the status of my car while it’s being worked in. I’ve had three cars from them. So far I really like the e-tron. I like your cars color. It looks like Siam Beige? Nice.

one thing we don’t need living in Fl is a leak in the car. I had an older Audi GT coupe. That car really leaked. It was a lot of fun though.
Yes they are great with communication! Since reading these threads I'm always looking to see if I develop leaks after a car wash or an evening rainshower (which is daily) here in Orlando. Yes mine is a 2022 Siam Beige Sportback S-Line. Love the car, came from an Allroad before this.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I’m in Orlando as well. I had a Gt Coupe. Then went into Lexus. After that it was back to Audi Q5 then a Q5 PHEV , still have that as well as the 21 Sportback , glacier White Prestige S line. I haven’t bought gas in over a year. When I got the loaner they said since I have an e-tron I needn’t be concerned about bringing it back topped off. That was a nice surprise.
im going to go out in a few and check for leaks.
im so concerned about mold and mildew here.

oh if ever you do get a leak. Be a bit more forceful about needing to get the car in asap. They said at first they wouldn’t hav3 a loaner for a month. I was a bit concerned the car would leak if I got caught in the rain. After I mentioned the headliner and back being wet they got me in much sooner. Just saying. That’s an emergency to me.

what color is your interior? Mines black and grey

Quick Reply: Leaking in heavy rain?