Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

e-tron Sportback - reservations/reveal/pics/orders/reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a bit too SUV-like for me. Huge fender gaps, excessive height (I suppose they needed room for the battery).. I was hoping for something more like my S5 Sportback.
I did some rough Photoshop work to show how I'd like it to look. (bottom) Less body height, lower suspension stance.

Last edited by Waggin; 02-03-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Folks are certainly setting up their e-trons with lower stance. Seen below found today on the FB..

For me, for snow and getting to the off-road windsurfing/biking/kiting locations... I need my SUV to be an SUV with ground clearance. Otherwise I'd just take the RS5.... Adaptive suspension would be nice - I've always avoided that idea since it would be one more thing to break.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The UK e-tron Sportback configurator came online this week! Now at least we can configure in English! Only fancy mirrors/cameras in the UK.... I wonder what I’d do about those - given a choice.

It seems like it activity is ramping up on AudiUSA’s social media... they gotta open up orders soon. (I thought it was going to be after the StupidBowl).
Old 02-22-2020, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The media engine is off the charts on the e-tron Sportback! Following the Super Bowl add, we see the Audi USA FB page all over it, a coming soon on AudiUSA.com... And dozens of media posts.

And now, the "S"... Motor1 (another thread here mentions this) and Car and Driver (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ortback-drive/).

Looks hot. Especially the black trim package. But, let's get the orders going already. I wonder if the parts delays in Brussels are slowing the launch. Or whether the issues we are hearing on the e-tron SUV (battery, motors, plugs, etc) are slowing down the launch.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I reminded myself of this apparent (European) timeline for the Audi releases today... Man, we have to wait until May to order the E-tron S Sportback? It's going to be a long three months for me.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, darn. Everyone likes a fast car, but if the e-tron S Sportback has three motors, the same 95 kWh battery and less range than the regular SUV... well, that’s going to be a shame. Seems like 200 miles is the (begrudgingly) acceptable bottom end of the luxury EV range (For EVs like the e-tron, Taycan, etc)... I hope this Sportback gets at least that. Or I’ll just get the new Fiat 500e.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/02/...nd-more-power/
Old 04-30-2020, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Sportback configurator (for the US) is live!!! But no Daytona Gray, and no roof rails. Grrrr....

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...020/build.html

...But now I want the S.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 04-30-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 689 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
The Sportback configurator (for the US) is live!!! But no Daytona Gray, and no roof rails. Grrrr....

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...020/build.html

...But now I want the S.
But there is a US Black Optic package now. Small victories.

And heated steering wheel for those northern climes.

Last edited by A4 Phil; 04-30-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
But there is a US Black Optic package now. Small victories...
Yeaayah. Phsst. Total 'miss' for me. Waiting for the S. Good thing, gotta save some money up and I'm still working on the wife. (She prefers the Hybrid approach. And the TFSI e A6 Avant actually sounds interesting.) I am actually hoping the regular e-tron S will come in soon - the long roof works better for the crap I put on the roof.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

WTF Audi USA? I can spec out the exact darn e-tron I have been waiting for for 2.5 years. Daytona, BOP, roof rails, towing. Is it so hard to get Audi USA to bring in a good variety of options?

Quick Reply: e-tron Sportback - reservations/reveal/pics/orders/reviews