Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Contacts for Extended Warranty Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Success with Lane Trujillo

I was able to purchase one through Lane in Colorado: he was excellent. Ended up with the Zurich.

LTrujillo@EdCarrollMotorCo.com

970-528-2850

Old 01-05-2024, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

There are third party options. One of the behind teh scenes of a dealer guy I follow on youtube (ChevyDude) has some he sells from Allstate. Might be worth looking into.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Original Audi Platinum is the best option in my opinion in terms of coverage, original parts, etc.

You absolutely should be able to purchase original extended warranty from your dealership (some of the dealership don't want to sell extended warranty if vehicle was not sold by them)

Mine 84months/80.000miles (from original date of purchase) - t.m. extra 4 years basically for $3600 incl tax in NY state..
(Audi Hawthorne NY)
Old 01-05-2024, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by peterolsovsky
Original Audi Platinum is the best option in my opinion in terms of coverage, original parts, etc.

You absolutely should be able to purchase original extended warranty from your dealership (some of the dealership don't want to sell extended warranty if vehicle was not sold by them)

Mine 84months/80.000miles (from original date of purchase) - t.m. extra 4 years basically for $3600 incl tax in NY state..
(Audi Hawthorne NY)
You mean extra 3 years right? The factory warranty is for 4 years.
The following users liked this post:
zartron (01-19-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW Etron
You mean extra 3 years right? The factory warranty is for 4 years.
No, extra 4...
Old 01-05-2024, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone have an extended warranty that they purchased? This would be a great option. I would prefer to keep my car for another 4 years, and get extended warranties :-)
Old 01-06-2024, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 6 mo. old Q8 etron and won't be seriously shopping for an extended warranty for another 2 years. I've made a list of Auto Ext. Warranty vendors, so thought I'd share it. Are there any here that I should avoid? Any unlisted ones I should consider?'

Endurance® Extended Car Warranty Pays For Auto Repairs | Endurance
CarMax - Warranty and MaxCare Extended Service plans at CarMax
Protection Plans - CarShield
olive Mechanical Breakdown Insurance | Vehicle Service Contracts
Vehicle Protection Plan Coverages – CARCHEX®
Extended Auto Warranty | Protect My Car
Fidelity Warranty Services :: Home Page
Vehicle Protection Products | Zurich Insurance
jmp470 (01-06-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you mind sharing where you got this quote? The two dealers here in Charlotte only sell Zurich plans. Audi website (https://purchase.audipureprotection.com) is not working any more. Need to buy Audi Pure Protection for my 2023 Q7.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm still on the fence about buying an extended warranty for my 2019 prestige with 21k miles. I will be out of my 4 year warranty this May. My car is paid off, and I enjoy it. I would like to keep the car for another 7-10 years or as long as possible.

I'm concerned about the problems with the front and back motors along with the transfer case. I question spending $5-6k on an extended warranty (for another 7 years of coverage) which if something happens might be a pain to get the 3rd party warranty company to pay up. I've reviewed a few warranty agreements and there are plenty of limitations to these warranties including capping their liability to the current value of our Etrons which are only dropping in value. So in 6 years when our Etrons are only worth $10k or less, why would I spend $6k to insure a $10k max payout? Could be a very poor investment to recoup at best what you've already spent and to deal with a company to pay up. There are lots of other limitations in the fine print.

I'm considering not purchasing an extended warranty and taking the risk.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW Etron
I'm still on the fence about buying an extended warranty for my 2019 prestige with 21k miles. I will be out of my 4 year warranty this May. My car is paid off, and I enjoy it. I would like to keep the car for another 7-10 years or as long as possible.

I'm concerned about the problems with the front and back motors along with the transfer case. I question spending $5-6k on an extended warranty (for another 7 years of coverage) which if something happens might be a pain to get the 3rd party warranty company to pay up. I've reviewed a few warranty agreements and there are plenty of limitations to these warranties including capping their liability to the current value of our Etrons which are only dropping in value. So in 6 years when our Etrons are only worth $10k or less, why would I spend $6k to insure a $10k max payout? Could be a very poor investment to recoup at best what you've already spent and to deal with a company to pay up. There are lots of other limitations in the fine print.

I'm considering not purchasing an extended warranty and taking the risk.
with that low of mileage i would probably take the same chance. we had a low mileage suv that was our road trip car with 49k miles after 9 years which we never got an EW and it was fine. little things came up here and there, but nothing "catastrophic" requiring $$$$.

our etron is our high mileage car in the household so i didn't feel good about not getting the EW after buying out the lease. i extended it another 3 years up to 100k miles, at which point i'll be ready for the 2nd Gen Q8 or some other EV brand. we have not had to use the EW at all yet (63k+ miles and almost 4 years old)
thebishman (01-12-2024)

Quick Reply: Contacts for Extended Warranty Purchase