Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Black Optic-ing an e-tron in US? (i.e. Mods)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Black Optic-ing an e-tron in US? (i.e. Mods)

[This discussion was muddying up another thread... so I thought we could start a dedicated thread here.]

I for one would be driving an e-tron by now if the US options were more like Europe. Including the Black Optic Package.

And... who knows whether the e-tron SUV will be brought in 2020 or 2021 with more options... or if the e-tron Sportback will enter North Americas shores with the S-line and BOP... (likely)

...But, in the meantime, I see roughly x100 2019 Edition One Daytona e-trons still on the lot, it make me toy with the idea of getting a screaming deal and Black Optic-ing it myself.

Through Europrice it looks like we can get the grill, the front and rear valence and (just added) the roof rails. Cool. And $2,727 for the hard goods.

The only item missing would be the window surrounds, which a lot of folks would just wrap.

Crazy?

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Just popped the factory black optic roofrails up so they are easy to order if needed:
The black optic window trims are available, but not listed as they require the rear side windows be replaced. Generally people do wrap the window trims, but if needed I can price and supply those via PM/email: contact@europrice.us
Cheers,
Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Audi states the headliner needs to come down entirely which is a procedure in and of itself, but almost every model I've worked with you can usually get away with remove the pillar trims, grab handles, hanger hooks (if applicable) and move the sides of the headliner down a bit to expose the hardware for the roofrails. This being a new model I haven't done a roofrail replacement or had a customer do one yet, but as a big range I'd go with 4-12 hours. I've done rails in a few hours on other models but also have run into cars where it took more time removing more trims than I have thought would be needed. Book times from a dealership will reflect removing the headliner entirely.
Cheers,

Old 01-15-2020, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Check this out:

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram

I think this e-tron is still a work in progress, but you might want to contact them to inquire about what can be done in North America!

Old 01-16-2020, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Crazy?
Not crazy at all. You'll also need the Black Optic Center Trim for the front bumper at an additional $298. The E1 also has two satin trim pieces you'll need to wrap or replace; the upper rear bumper insert and the lower side valence ("battery tray") insert.

Seems at that point, if the window trims are available and replaceable, might as well. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Does Black Optic window trim match the piano-black B-pillar and triangle piece? Or is Black Optic more matte? And the roof rails, are those shiny or matte?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:47 AM
kem
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

In U.S. black optic is often never an option on the first year of a new body style. It's always added the second year.

Audi already announced a S-Line body style, so I'd guess we'll see BO with that.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 227 Likes on 183 Posts

The window trims are a gloss black finish along with the front bumper trims, rear bumper upper trim (just added to the site as well), rear valence and the inserts in the lower door trims which are painted gloss black but unfortunately not offered already painted.

e-tron Black Optic Windows Trims (w/ rear side glass) - $1340.00 set - (Can be ordered on demand)

Grille | e-tron Black Optic

Trims | e-tron Black Optic Front Bumper

Trims | e-tron Black Optic Front Bumper

Rear Valence | e-tron Black Optic

If you have any questions or want to price out a set of the items with the black optic windows trims just let me know via PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
BlackOptic (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kem
In U.S. black optic is often never an option on the first year of a new body style. It's always added the second year.
Right. Same thing happened for the A5. But, it is year two now!

Originally Posted by kem
Audi already announced a S-Line body style, so I'd guess we'll see BO with that.
In the US? We don't have a 2020 e-tron SUV, right? Can you provide a link?
Old 01-20-2020, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 227 Likes on 183 Posts

Audi varies when the black optic parts come out for newer models in North America. In some cases they never offer a black optic package on some specific models here. Never totally sure of the rhyme or reason, but I assume it's their guess whether there is a demand enough to stock North America with these items and if the cars equipped with the package will sell. Possibly they look at initial sales numbers without black optic as an option and if there is demand on the model itself they decide to broaden the options available, but if there isn't demand on the model the first year they may not want to bother adding more options and more parts to stock in NA.

Cheers,

Old 10-28-2020, 09:14 AM
sor
AudiWorld Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Just looking for any updates on this. Anyone actually try to swap e-Tron roof rails yet? Is there a comprehensive list of parts that would comprise a black optic swap or any place for instructions like grill and bumper upgrades?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a 2021 Black Optics prestige, 2 weeks ago!

The following 5 users liked this post by eenzo295:
Bill33525 (10-28-2020), calbear92 (10-28-2020), Multiphonic (10-30-2020), sor (10-28-2020), thebishman (10-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Black Optic-ing an e-tron in US? (i.e. Mods)