Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Avoid the e-Tron like the plague that it is! DO NOT BUY.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

70,000 miles on my 2019 without one issue. Was going to drive it into the ground, but it got totaled in February. Replaced with a new, still on lot, 2021 e-Tron S, much more efficient than my 2019 was, I get about 20 more miles range.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 136 Likes on 99 Posts

This thread has not aged well.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by KSpider
70,000 miles on my 2019 without one issue. Was going to drive it into the ground, but it got totaled in February. Replaced with a new, still on lot, 2021 e-Tron S, much more efficient than my 2019 was, I get about 20 more miles range.
Another incredibly satisfied ‘19 etron owner here, with 31,000 miles after 3 1/2 years. The car has been bullet proof and has been to service 3 times for the annual ‘checkup’; the rear OLED tail light replacement and the firmware update.

Amazingly I am getting the best efficiency of the car’s life without driving it any differently. I’m seeing 2.9-3.0 mi/kWhr and today even saw 3.1 which I’ve never seen before. No idea why. 🤷
Old 06-12-2023, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
Another incredibly satisfied ‘19 etron owner here, with 31,000 miles after 3 1/2 years. The car has been bullet proof and has been to service 3 times for the annual ‘checkup’; the rear OLED tail light replacement and the firmware update.

Amazingly I am getting the best efficiency of the car’s life without driving it any differently. I’m seeing 2.9-3.0 mi/kWhr and today even saw 3.1 which I’ve never seen before. No idea why. 🤷
31k miles isn't a lot, but that's great just the same. I am hoping to hear from some trailblazing etron drivers who are at/near 100k+. I'm sure there are a few out there by now but we will have to wait another year or two before there are enough of them to have an online conversation. I don't see any for sale at the moment. There is a '19 on cars.com that has 95k miles. That's the most I have seen so far.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 149 Posts

I am noticing the same: it seems the car is now broken in enough to get better efficiency.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (06-13-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Going on 60K km (38K miles): did have one major battery issue, but dealer took care of it and provided Q7 loaner in the process.

Favourite car - looking forward to picking up Q8 in the next couple of months and its increased range, though not its increased lease rate!
Old 06-12-2023, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I’m averaging 2.3 kW/mile over 33k miles. I'd have to drop the car off of a C-130 cargo plane to get to 3.0. Lots of cross desert 75-80 mph runs don't help with range.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by lkfoster
I’m averaging 2.3 kW/mile over 33k miles. I'd have to drop the car off of a C-130 cargo plane to get to 3.0. Lots of cross desert 75-80 mph runs don't help with range.
So my Long term efficiency over the 31K miles is in fact 2.4mi/kWhr. This includes three KS winters; (it gets bloody cold here) and at an average speed of 39 mph.

Anything above 70 mph ruins any EV's efficiency for sure.
Old 06-22-2023, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Love my etron and wouldn't trade it for the world. I had the chance to drive in a Tesla Model Y a couple of days ago when I requested a Lyft ride.
The drive was 30 min one way and honestly, that car is terrible interior materials, build quality, and the ride sucks.

Maybe if I didn't have anything to compare it to it wouldn't be so bad, no Tesla can compare to the etron I don't care how much range or
fart modes, dog modes self-driving gimmicks they have.

I don't see how people pay the money they ask for that car and then Tesla has the nerve to deliver vehicles with defects and Tesla owners say they don't care!
Old 06-22-2023, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sirfrancis
Love my etron and wouldn't trade it for the world. I had the chance to drive in a Tesla Model Y a couple of days ago when I requested a Lyft ride.
The drive was 30 min one way and honestly, that car is terrible interior materials, build quality, and the ride sucks.

Maybe if I didn't have anything to compare it to it wouldn't be so bad, no Tesla can compare to the etron I don't care how much range or
fart modes, dog modes self-driving gimmicks they have.

I don't see how people pay the money they ask for that car and then Tesla has the nerve to deliver vehicles with defects and Tesla owners say they don't care!
Like many of us here, I kicked the tires on a Tesla Y when I was shopping for an EV. I didn't like it for all the reasons that you mentioned and then some. I rode in one and climbed around in it. Test driving one would have involved driving to Concord to get it which is 1.5 hours away with no traffic. There is a Tesla showroom 5 minutes from my house, but no Model Y's for some reason. Right there I got a taste of Tesla's dodgy customer service. They make it hard to do what should be simple. I also thought about a Tesla X. Unfortunately, it has all the same issues as the Y. The gullwing doors are a nice gimmick, but have the well known problem of not being usable in cramped parking situations. So when you are in some parking garage you have to pretend that you are parking a '76 Cadillac El Dorado or else pile everyone out through the front doors. The interior also leaves lot to be desired considering how much money the car costs. For low 3 figures I expect a lot more. The one thing that is good about Tesla isn't the cars themselves but the NACS. And that's the more important of the two, really. Other builders who have been in the business a lot longer are going to build better cars. Tesla's future is with infrastructure.

Anyway, Tesla has it's fandom, and that typically implies some kind of emotional investment that breeds irrational thoughts. It's hard to get through to people sometimes, and usually not worth your time. The Tesla Y that I rode in had a misaligned panel on the back of the car. I pointed it out to the owner and what I got back was "looks fine to me". It was pretty easy to spot, but the owner was the personification of a fanboy and was too insecure to even acknowledge it. It's like I was questioning his decision to buy the car (I wasn't). I don't care. People drive Karmann Ghia's ffs. To each their own.

These are the cars I looked at when I was EV shopping last summer. I test drove all of them with the exception of the Teslas.

Tesla X/Y- Already covered
BMW iX- Too ugly (I couldn't deal with the grill)
Mercedes EQS 580: Too expensive (dealer wanted a 50k markup at the time on top of a 140k MSRP)
Mustang: Too average (I wanted something nicer)
Hyundai Ioniq 5: Too hard to find when I was looking (plus they look kind of weird, but are probably the best value of anything on this list)
Etron Chronos: Checked the most boxes, and I got it at MSRP minus the $7500 tax credit.
The following 4 users liked this post by coldrain85:
biff2bart (06-22-2023), MobileComfortDome (06-22-2023), placebo1969 (06-22-2023), thebishman (06-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Avoid the e-Tron like the plague that it is! DO NOT BUY.