Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Avoid the e-Tron like the plague that it is! DO NOT BUY.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ted99
Not so in Texas. Lemon Law is strongly biased in favor of Manufacturer. From experience: after four failures of the same type in a BMW i3, the Examiner asked only one question: Is the car working now? I sold it right after the final decision of denial rather than waiting for the fifth failure.
In your case, you should have hired a competent Lemon Law lawyer and pursued recourse under the Federal Magnuson-Moss act, as my lawyer threatened to do with FCA (it never came to a lawsuit). As soon as you enter into binding arbitration with these companies, you lose. Since manufacturers typically pay the arbitrators, guess how the arbitrators typically will rule? In favor of who pays them, of course!
Old 09-28-2020, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
OP - just get an RS6 Avant for a couple years - stomp on it and go all out on ICE. By then they'll be something with both styling and reliability in electric for ya.

The Model Y just got a speed upgrade. Hard to ignore that.
I had a RS6 on order as I love fast wagons (I also have a 2020 E63S wagon) but after my experience with Audi I am done with them - which is a shame. Although, again I will say my other Audis were fine it has only been the e-Tron. However, now seeing how they treat customers when things get tough I won't deal with them again. I know many have said other manufacturers can be just as bad and that is very possible. But this is an extreme case where I have had 2 lemons in a row which I would presume is fairly unheard of in any brand. I was told this was escalated very high in Audi and they are fully aware this is my 2nd lemon. You would think that would cause a case manager (their retention team as they call them) to go into overdrive and sort this out quickly but that is far from what I have experience so at this point I am simply done.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBTK
In your case, you should have hired a competent Lemon Law lawyer and pursued recourse under the Federal Magnuson-Moss act, as my lawyer threatened to do with FCA (it never came to a lawsuit). As soon as you enter into binding arbitration with these companies, you lose. Since manufacturers typically pay the arbitrators, guess how the arbitrators typically will rule? In favor of who pays them, of course!
Generally speaking, I think that the only people that win when you hire a lawyer are the lawyers.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ted99
Generally speaking, I think that the only people that win when you hire a lawyer are the lawyers.
In lemon law cases, attorney fees are paid by the manufacturer if you win. Typically, these cases are taken on a contingency basis, meaning if you don't win, they don't get paid. Yes, lawyers usually are the winners, but you could've also shared a victory with them in the case of your BMW.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBTK
In lemon law cases, attorney fees are paid by the manufacturer if you win. Typically, these cases are taken on a contingency basis, meaning if you don't win, they don't get paid. Yes, lawyers usually are the winners, but you could've also shared a victory with them in the case of your BMW.
WildBTK:

Excellent statement - mirrors my experiences with lawyers precisely. The best ones are worth their weight in gold, and aim to minimize your legal overhead and mental stress as much as possible. And, no I'm not a lawyer....
Old 09-29-2020, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by biff2bart
WildBTK:

Excellent statement - mirrors my experiences with lawyers precisely. The best ones are worth their weight in gold, and aim to minimize your legal overhead and mental stress as much as possible. And, no I'm not a lawyer....
Likewise, I have developed a good relationship with a lawyer who specializes in lemon law cases...not because I've had to use his services multiple times (I have once against FCA), but I also sought his advice when dealing with other manufacturers in other situations, including Audi. He's honest (yes, an honest lawyer can be a thing!), extremely responsive and offers advice freely. However, I have paid him a consulting fee a few times not because he asked, but because I thought he earned it. Yes, a good lawyer is worth it!
Old 03-09-2021, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2019 First edition is now in the shop coming up on three weeks for the battery module issue. Same story about needing to wait for the limited supply, $100,000 tool to arrive. Up to this point I've been a willing guinea pig with the First Edition, not sure I'm willing to continue with my LL time running down.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

19,000 miles on my 2019 and haven’t had an issue love it.
The following users liked this post:
alevek (03-10-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your experience sounds similar to mine. Took delivery in October 19

new door handle
Flickering light bar
squeaky hinges
June 2020 new battery module
October 2020 entire new battery
Spent 1/3 of its first year in the dealership

eventually audi agreed to buy it back

car is fantastic when working. I’ve owned audis since 2003 and never missed a beat including brand new models

this was a car that was IMO rushed out to try and bridge the gap with Tesla and it shows. it needed another 6 months of development to fix the quirks. I lost all faith in its reliability and leaving me stranded on the road twice was the final straw.

I expect the latest models have had these problems ironed out but it made me move away from Audi for the first time in a long time and I’ve bought an X5 45e.

I would reiterate though that it is a fantastic car when working and I would average 200 miles from a charge

Last edited by wynnema; 03-09-2021 at 11:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Multiphonic (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all - have been looking for a new car to replace my 2013 BMW 335 and looking at EV and Audi for first time. Have family of 5 including 2 teenagers and another kid almost 10, so want a car we can use as a family car on the weekend, especially if I'm spending quite a bit of $$$.

Looked at the Taycan but thought it was too small for 5, and same with Model 3 / S, and the Jaguar iPace.

Didn't like the look of Model X, and was almost set on Etron, until the unveiling of the Taycan GT. But now the more I read the more that doesn't seem big enough for family of 5. So now back to Etron, and certainly glad to hear these horror stories before I make final decision.

Live here in Houston so the dealership I've been looking at the cars at is the same as the OP, Audi Central in Houston......

Quick Reply: Avoid the e-Tron like the plague that it is! DO NOT BUY.