Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

2020/2021 e-tron Sportback Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mya6tdi
I had my eye one last year just like that in Ohio. May I ask what you paid for it? The Audi dealer that had it a year ago with 10K miles on it was asking 70K for it if I recall.
Prices have plummeted on these, but I think they may have now hit bottom. I paid about $39k before they gave me an additional $13k on my 2013 S6 trade-in, which was pretty fair as I'd had have to do some air strut repair and some other issues if I was going to sell it outright. It was too good to pass up. I saw similar non-sportbacks for closer to $30k, but they tended to be 2019 Premium Plus models with 25-50k miles and were out of warranty. I don't see those kinds when I looked again just now.

Unfortunately, after only 500 miles, this car is already broken. It developed a terrible thump in the left front suspension all of a sudden. It's so loud that I'm scared to drive it. I have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday. I was reading there's some sort of recall. I believe they have to do some software updates as well. I'm hoping to squeeze a bit more range out of it. It's about 40 degrees Fahrenheit here, and I charged it to 100% to see what total range would be and it says 180 miles. Not great.

I will definitely be getting the extended warranty on this.These Audis are just Sirens, man. They're not properly engineered

Last edited by BoxcuTTer; 01-02-2024 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 542 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxcuTTer
Prices have plummeted on these, but I think they may have now hit bottom. I paid about $39k before they gave me an additional $13k on my 2013 S6 trade-in, which was pretty fair as I'd had have to do some air strut repair and some other issues if I was going to sell it outright. It was too good to pass up. I saw similar non-sportbacks for closer to $30k, but they tended to be 2019 Premium Plus models with 25-50k miles and were out of warranty. I don't see those kinds when I looked again just now.

Unfortunately, after only 500 miles, this car is already broken. It developed a terrible thump in the left front suspension all of a sudden. It's so loud that I'm scared to drive it. I have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday. I was reading there's some sort of recall. I believe they have to do some software updates as well. I'm hoping to squeeze a bit more range out of it. It's about 40 degrees Fahrenheit here, and I charged it to 100% to see what total range would be and it says 180 miles. Not great.

I will definitely be getting the extended warranty on this.These Audis are just Sirens, man. They're not properly engineered
Congrats on your etron. Sorry about your problem! I don't know of any update or TSB that would pertain to your thumping problem. The ranges of all EV's are sensitive to ambient temp, losing on the order of 15% of range in going from 77F (roughly the EPA value) to 32F. Your 14% drop is not unusual.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update on your thumping problem? What did the dealer say?
Old 01-09-2024, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mya6tdi
Any update on your thumping problem? What did the dealer say?
They told me I didn't have an appointment on 1/6 even though I definitely had an appointment on 1/6. They tried to gaslight me to say that they wouldn't have scheduled an e-tron on a Saturday (like I should have known that), but they had my vehicle in their system, which they would not have if I hadn't called to make the appointment.

Anyway, I'm going back on 1/16. There's a TSB about the clunking issue below. Once or twice the car doesn't want to move from park like the brakes are seized or something. It moves once I press the acceleratror, but it's almost like it's forcing something loose. Also the brakes are pulsing the first time they're used. It's my understanding that's when the actual brakes are used as opposed to using regen to slow the car. Perhaps the three things are related, but I suspect they won't be able to replicate the failure to move issue and the brake rotors probably aren't covered under warranty - so we'll see.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...16010-0001.pdf
Old 01-10-2024, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxcuTTer
They told me I didn't have an appointment on 1/6 even though I definitely had an appointment on 1/6. They tried to gaslight me to say that they wouldn't have scheduled an e-tron on a Saturday (like I should have known that), but they had my vehicle in their system, which they would not have if I hadn't called to make the appointment.

Anyway, I'm going back on 1/16. There's a TSB about the clunking issue below. Once or twice the car doesn't want to move from park like the brakes are seized or something. It moves once I press the acceleratror, but it's almost like it's forcing something loose. Also the brakes are pulsing the first time they're used. It's my understanding that's when the actual brakes are used as opposed to using regen to slow the car. Perhaps the three things are related, but I suspect they won't be able to replicate the failure to move issue and the brake rotors probably aren't covered under warranty - so we'll see.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...16010-0001.pdf
The ‘clunking’ noise mentioned in the TSB should be well known to the dealership and the necessary parts should be replaced if your etron is affected.

When you park the car and the rotors are wet the pads will adhere to the rotors, and when first driving off the next day it can take a decent effort to ‘break’ that adhesion; it’s totally normal.
The brakes pulsing the first time you drive off is also a feature used to clean the interface between the pads and rotors.
90% of retardation on the etron is always done via regeneration unless in an emergency situation when the mechanical brakes act immediately.
The following users liked this post:
BoxcuTTer (01-11-2024)