Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Where to look for manual allroad? Wife insistant on me finding one for her.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual 6t

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Another vote for Bruce M. May be holiday season for him, but he is usually good with replies. Saw your post on QW - just wait or email him directly (ricam posted his email address in your thread on QW)
My wife drives a 2005 allroad 6T that we are thinking about selling. It has 77,000 miles but needs a new clutch. this is her 5th car with a manual and first clutch ever that needed replacement. I am told we will likely need a new flywheel as well and am figuring around $2500 for the job.

The car is under an extended warranty until April. I bought the warranty, normally a suckers bet just to protect against turbo failure or air bag failure, because i can't spend 7 grand on a repair, but my fear is that turbos or air suspension will go after the warranty expires. We are test driving a new allroad for the weekend while we decide which way to go, but it is small and very hard to give up the stick. I have an 06 S4 Cab with manual and wouldn't switch to an automatic if they gave me an S5

That said, it is her choice and if we go for the new car I will let you know.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FreewayFred
I am looking for a manual trans allroad for my wife. I am having a hard time finding a good one. I am looking for one with low miles and as clean as possible. Is there anywhere to look other than the normal cars.com or autotrader? Anyone on here looking to sell?
Ive done alot of reading about the allroads and any issues I might face. Im new to allroads but not to Audis. Have an 07 RS4 that I drive every day. Wife wants something fun to drive but large enough to handle our 2 kids and manual transmission. That does not leave many options. She has fallen in love with the idea of an allroad. I think it will be perfect for our family and I will look forward to driving it unlike some of her other cars.
You have a PM Freeway Fred.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by FreewayFred
I am looking for a manual trans allroad for my wife. I am having a hard time finding a good one. I am looking for one with low miles and as clean as possible. Is there anywhere to look other than the normal cars.com or autotrader? Anyone on here looking to sell?
Ive done alot of reading about the allroads and any issues I might face. Im new to allroads but not to Audis. Have an 07 RS4 that I drive every day. Wife wants something fun to drive but large enough to handle our 2 kids and manual transmission. That does not leave many options. She has fallen in love with the idea of an allroad. I think it will be perfect for our family and I will look forward to driving it unlike some of her other cars.
Denver CL has an -01 manual w/ 125k. Not ideal, but not obscene.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ksl.com classifieds , auto section, can search for manual transmission specifically