Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Where to look for manual allroad? Wife insistant on me finding one for her.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to look for manual allroad? Wife insistant on me finding one for her.

I am looking for a manual trans allroad for my wife. I am having a hard time finding a good one. I am looking for one with low miles and as clean as possible. Is there anywhere to look other than the normal cars.com or autotrader? Anyone on here looking to sell?
Ive done alot of reading about the allroads and any issues I might face. Im new to allroads but not to Audis. Have an 07 RS4 that I drive every day. Wife wants something fun to drive but large enough to handle our 2 kids and manual transmission. That does not leave many options. She has fallen in love with the idea of an allroad. I think it will be perfect for our family and I will look forward to driving it unlike some of her other cars.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chance of "low miles" on an enthusiast car like manual AR is pretty slim. You might look into a lower use tip model in good shape and having a manual swapped into it.

Denver Craigslist has had some manual ARs recently, but not with low miles.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They are definitely out there (in small numbers), the trouble is...everyone else is looking and ready to buy a low-mile 6 speed too.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I shouldn't post this, because they are my "secret" stash, but these guys often get very clean allroads with 6 speed (I bought mine there). They just had a 2004 6 speed with 39,000 miles!

http://www.dreamnolonger.com/newandu...x?ClearAll=1&~

They aren't cheap, but I found a 2004 6 speed with factory hitch, xenons, XM, factory nav, pretty much every option available, with around 59,000 miles back in 2009 and I'm still loving it.

Good luck, it's worth the search.

Rick
Old 12-23-2013, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Appreciate all the info. I saw that one w 39,000 miles. Would have bought it in a heartbeat but it was already sold. Tried to get DNL to respond to me and they never did.

Search continues.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FreewayFred
. . . I saw that one w 39,000 miles. Would have bought it in a heartbeat but it was already sold. . . . Search continues.
It took me ~6 months to find a 6MT, but the wait was worth it. Common logic says you want Quality, Affordability, and Prompt; but you have to pick two of the three. Allroad logic isn't common, and you can really only have quality (and then only if you're lucky).

There's a broker who frequents the quattroworld.com allroad forum named Bruce M who has helped multiple folk into quality allroads and has a good reputation. Post a note over there, and he'll likely respond soon (give some leeway for holiday delays, of course).

Welcome in advance to the club.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 on the suggestion to contact Bruce. He is a good guy and certainly knows his way around allroads...
Old 12-23-2013, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I posted on QW and am hoping to hear from Bruce soon.
We actually already sold my wifes car so we are borrowing a VW wagon from a relative until we get a car but dont want to wait TOO long.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Took me 3 weeks to find one (blue). On eBay.
Of course it depends on what you mean by low mileage. The one I just bought has 96k on it. That's low IMHO for a 6mt.
My other one (green) has 120k on it.
Let me also say that contacting Bruce is the best way to go, but don't count out other sources, including local dealers.
Good luck in your search.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Bruce M. May be holiday season for him, but he is usually good with replies. Saw your post on QW - just wait or email him directly (ricam posted his email address in your thread on QW)

Quick Reply: Where to look for manual allroad? Wife insistant on me finding one for her.