Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Third row seat needed .. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third row seat needed .. Please help

Hi Guys I am new to this forum, due to an expanding family I need 7 seats so rather than part with my beloved allroad I'm hoping somebody can help. I am after a third row seat for a Audi allroad 2001 need help with getting one . They are unable to be ordered through Audi in Australia and I can't find one anywhere. will need someone who doesn't mind shipping to Australia also thanks in advance.
Cheers mick
Old 01-12-2014, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to check ebay from time to time, check classifieds on various forums, try Shokan.

There are quite a few parts needed for this, including frame, seat belts, etc...

Also, it is not the safest place in the Allroad. That, unfortunately, is part of the crumble zone. It doesn't leave much space for the impact. Personally, if it is my own family where I would use the 3rd row often, I'd consider another vehicle.

Last edited by GTA_Driver; 01-12-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the points in the chassis to mount the 3rd row in? When I was searching after my AR, I found a rare exemplar having the 3rd row. I assume that the 2 and 3-row AR's chassis have fundamental differences, very hardly to modify after the manufacturing. - Similarly to the 8Z A2's which have either 2 or 3 rear seat belts. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 01-12-2014, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am bot sure petrol bear I will have to have a good look .. Does any one know where I might find a diagram of how they are mounted ..
Old 01-12-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

And thanks gta driver. I still think a 7 seat allroad would be a lot safer than most the 7 seater cars available in Australia that are in my price range 😐
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

😳
Old 01-12-2014, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PetrolBear
Do you have the points in the chassis to mount the 3rd row in? When I was searching after my AR, I found a rare exemplar having the 3rd row. I assume that the 2 and 3-row AR's chassis have fundamental differences, very hardly to modify after the manufacturing. - Similarly to the 8Z A2's which have either 2 or 3 rear seat belts. Correct me if I'm wrong
The 3rd seat frame and supporting hardware can be retrofitted to any year Allroad. I will dig up a link that lists all the part numbers required.

You just need patience for some of the parts to turn up for sale.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
The 3rd seat frame and supporting hardware can be retrofitted to any year Allroad. I will dig up a link that lists all the part numbers required. You just need patience for some of the parts to turn up for sale.
I am so glad to hear this thanks gta ... I will keep browsing and hopefully I find more info
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
The 3rd seat frame and supporting hardware can be retrofitted to any year Allroad. I will dig up a link that lists all the part numbers required.

You just need patience for some of the parts to turn up for sale.
That sounds great! At the 8Z the chassis bottom has a different layout due to the seat belt fixing points.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here are 2 pictures on the 3rd seat row
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Third row seat needed .. Please help