Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Repost? The new AutoWeek says that Audi is NOT planning on bringing over the new allroad?? What the?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Stätus Josh

Default Repost? The new AutoWeek says that Audi is NOT planning on bringing over the new allroad?? What the?

They say that the old allroad didn't sell well. I can't drive 1 minute without seeing about 10 of them around here! That's crazy.........
Old 03-06-2006, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and now you'll see one more ;)

got mine yest....
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

NOICE! And you didn't even email.....>:^/
Old 03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hell I emailed you the pictures! check your mail foo!

you KNOW i would
Old 03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good deal. Remind me what you got, please, dojo.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Josh...join in the letter writting to corporate...

You have some unususal insights to this from the retial supply side. Your voice may add to those of us who have written to AoA corporate.

Dr. Johann de Nysschen
Executive Vice President
Audi of America
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/145347.phtml">click</a></li></ul>
Old 03-06-2006, 06:55 PM

Default I think it's funny...

The article goes on to state that "Audi says it won't rule out an introduction if it detects buyer tastes swinging back toward car-based cross-over-style vehicles".

I read this passage as "Audi says it won't rule out an introduction of the Allroad in order to cover their butts if the Q7 is a bust."

Although I think it is a bit overstyled for Audi, I don't mind the looks of the Q7. It is by far the best looking SUV. But it's a me-too vehicle that is coming about 8-10 years too late. What ever happened to "never follow"?

As an enthusiast, and for Audi's sake, I hope the Q7 is a success.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Always Lead Never Follow....

That is so true. As I was thinking about all the emails sent last week to support the next gen allroad I thought about how in 2001 with the intro of the allroad they definitely "lead". Now with the Q7 they are definitely "follow"ing. Seems to me that instead of being pioneers Audi is reverting to following the trend. Too bad as the trend they started with the allroad is just gaining momentum. It wouldn't be fair to use their own slogan in order to shame them into bringing the allroad to NA now would it?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default TPIWWP ;o)

Share the pics, please? )
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: and now you'll see one more ;)

An S2K and an allroad -- good combination. If Audi would only bring the new ones here, I'd go that route also (I've got the S, and I miss my allroad desperately).

Consider this: right now, Audi is focusing its attention on marketing that Q7 thing (sorry, but I just don't like it), and they don't want to confuse consumers with mixed messages. It wouldn't be surprising if they change course in a few months (or maybe a year or two) back toward the new allroad. After all, it wasn't too long ago that the message was that the allroad was going the way of the dodo forever.

I'm just trying to hang onto a little optimism for the prospect of getting another allroad some day. HPH

Quick Reply: Repost? The new AutoWeek says that Audi is NOT planning on bringing over the new allroad?? What the?