Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Probable 2.7t Allroad project purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Probable 2.7t Allroad project purchase

Just need to know a few things from you guys. Upon warmin up it has a little bit of smoke from engine bay and smells like burning oil need to know if this is a known and easily fixable issue . Airbag suspension light is on. Needs brake flush and prob SS lines also needs matching tires and possible wheel bearing. There is also water in the floor of the back seat passenger side. Any ideas what this could be? The car runs and everything and the price is very low and I mean very very low. Will fixing these things be worth it ? I am pretty handy and also have an outstanding Indy shop I can leave the car with .

What am I looking at in repairs ?

I got a few answers from some other peeps on a seperate forum. Just ant to know what you guys think of your Allroads?

Its a 02 or 03 Tiptronic 135k miles and needs all of the above and possibly more.

Price is super low.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i would say no even if it was free. this car is maintenance heavy when in the best condition. your probably going to end up putting in as much money as it would cost to get one in good shape, along with many many hours of work.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a pristine looking '02 a little over a year ago for $8250. I knew it needed front bags when I bought it. I have put $9529 into it over the last year and it is now <b><i>almost</i></b> perfect.
Your smoke is probably valve cover gaskets. That fix is fairly cheap.
The tiptronic would scare me.
Good luck.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Just need to know a few things from you guys. Upon warmin up it has a little bit of smoke from engine bay and smells like burning oil need to know if this is a known and easily fixable issue . Airbag suspension light is on. Needs brake flush and prob SS lines also needs matching tires and possible wheel bearing. There is also water in the floor of the back seat passenger side. Any ideas what this could be? The car runs and everything and the price is very low and I mean very very low. Will fixing these things be worth it ? I am pretty handy and also have an outstanding Indy shop I can leave the car with .

What am I looking at in repairs ?

I got a few answers from some other peeps on a seperate forum. Just ant to know what you guys think of your Allroads?

Its a 02 or 03 Tiptronic 135k miles and needs all of the above and possibly more.

Price is super low.
Buy mine instead, 03 with 144k miles 2.7t auto, no airbag issues, fairly new tires I'm in CT
Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by allroad2.7t
Buy mine instead, 03 with 144k miles 2.7t auto, no airbag issues, fairly new tires I'm in CT
I doubt yours will be as low in price as this one... This one is like a steal lol
Old 01-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

just the stuff you know you need right away. valve cover gaskets 600+, much more if you need cam seals, tires 800+, air bags 1000+
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jay956
just the stuff you know you need right away. valve cover gaskets 600+, much more if you need cam seals, tires 800+, air bags 1000+

Its even that much if I do it myself?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Its even that much if I do it myself?
Absolutely not!
Some poor responses so far!
Tires- $600-1000max for the best there is-
Airbags from arnott $fronts 500-, all 4 maybe $1000-
Rest of the items cost, half of what was quoted above if DIY

You will need to do timing belt if needed.
Autotranny could go at anytime
Turbos could go

If there are no records with it I'd stay away. allroad's IMO are not project cars unless you are going stage 2 or 3 and have $$

..and to the above response, who would put &9500- into a car worth $8000-, I doubt it was spent fixing stuff gone bad or a stealership did it?

2001arMT
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

The wet passenger floor mat could be a bad heater core or a clogged sunroof drain.

Or many other things.

You could buy and then part out?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder sometimes how much $$ the car would bring if it were completely parted out. assuming everything works and you found a buyer for all the parts. im thinking might make more than the car is worth

Quick Reply: Probable 2.7t Allroad project purchase