Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Passenger front Door wont unlock/open

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door won't de-safe

Same problem with my 2002 A6 passenger door.

Any hints how to open the door when it won't de-safe?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Trackballcr
Hi everybody, it's been a while going back and forth with the door that won't open.
So far this is what I have tried:
- Recoding the central locks control module: different codes, same result
- Disconnected harness at the A-pillar: sent 12V signal to the lock motor. It did the same as when trying with the buttons or the fob. It attempts twice, but won't unlock. The pin remains recessed.
- Checked connections at the Control module for central locking. Everything looked fine.
- Locating the cables that provide signal from the door to the control module, I was able to fake signals by grounding the sensors for unlocked door, desafe. Monitored them through Vagcom, but still unable to open the door.
I just ran out of ideas. The door simply won't open. The rest worked fine.

The locking mechanism seems to be damages, which I'll need to replace, but to do that I first need to open the door.

Any suggestions anybody? At this point I'm willing to try anything.
Open the passenger door manualy from the inside, now look just above the door lock mechanism you'll see a plug the size of a quarter with a picture of a lock, remove plug and now you'll see a **** that needs to be turned with a screwdriver turn to left problem fixed. 09 A6
Old 01-01-2015, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2003cr250
Open the passenger door manualy from the inside, now look just above the door lock mechanism you'll see a plug the size of a quarter with a picture of a lock, remove plug and now you'll see a **** that needs to be turned with a screwdriver turn to left problem fixed. 09 A6
Hi, can you explain more, i can not find the plug that you are described.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by lw89
Hi, can you explain more, i can not find the plug that you are described.
Should look exactly like the ones on your 2 rear doors. What year and model are we talking about?
Old 01-07-2015, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2003cr250
Should look exactly like the ones on your 2 rear doors. What year and model are we talking about?
01 audi a4 tdi, Would you post a picture to show where the plug is if possible. Thank you in advance.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by lw89
01 audi a4 tdi, Would you post a picture to show where the plug is if possible. Thank you in advance.
If u don't see what I've explained by now a picture won't help. Your car's model and year probably doesn't have this option what ever this option is. None of it makes sense just know that it worked on my 09 A6..
Old 05-20-2020, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2008 A6 4.2 and my passenger front, outer and inner door handles nor the fob do not unlock the door. I recently removed the door lock assembly actuator and cleaned the inside contacts with electrical cleaner, then put it back, including the door panel. I think the door actuator has mechanically failed and it’s not an electrical issue, BUT I cannot now get to the lock because the panel is back on and the door will not open. Is there a way to get the door open? Like some hidden way?
Old 05-25-2020, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You probably know to remove the door panel/card, all you have to do is remove the two screws shown in the photo and lift up on the panel. Then release the electrical connectors and door latch Bowden cable. The problem is, with the door stuck in the closed position, it is impossible to correctly remove the screws. You may have to force the door panel over the screw heads (which slightly damages the door panel, of course). If you can get the panel over the screw heads you may/should be able to lift the panel up and remove it to access the lock actuator. Please let us know when/if and how you get this resolved.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to give an update:
I was able to get the door panel partially off despite the door being closed. I then could reach down and manually get the door open.
Then I replaced the actuator with a new one from Amazon ($25 instead of $525 from Audi)
All working good now
The following users liked this post:
Kneale (05-28-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Nye
Just wanted to give an update:
I was able to get the door panel partially off despite the door being closed. I then could reach down and manually get the door open.
Please tell us what you did to partially remove the door panel.

Quick Reply: Passenger front Door wont unlock/open