Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Nokian, the Swedish winter tire experts have a new all season tire "eNTYRE".

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokian, the Swedish winter tire experts have a new all season tire "eNTYRE".

I recently put a set on my other car........a 2007 Accord. If they made an 18" to fit my Hartmann's I would be on it like my Yellow Lab' on a Swedish meatball.
http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=9...=Nokian+eNTYRE
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw those a while back.
any feedback?
always looking for my next set of rubber to put on the ar
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love my Nokian's, but this new enTyre seems like a "regular" all-season tire though. Note that Nokian doesn't include it in it's winter tire selection.

Also note that Nokian is Finnish, not Swedish.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

^^ The WRG2 is Nokian's all season snow tire, and exhibits NONE of the symptoms you've mentioned that are typical of a snow tire. Outstanding wet/dry/snow/ice grip and performance.

That said, it's not surprising that you're enjoying the Nokian's more than the Michelins. The ride on the Michelins must have been rough (and somewhat unsafe) as the load raiting on them is quite a bit lower than the recommended load rating for our heavy cars. I believe the WRG2's I'm running have a load rating of 101 and they are phenomenal. Minimum recommended for the allroad is 96 or 97, IIRC.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by finiki
That is why they called it an "All Season" Tyre.
I did not want a snow tire. They make too much noise and squirm around like you are on a bus. I have never had an issue with many years of all season tire driving through brutal Minnesota winters. I also am able to drive it like I stole it almost any day of the year. (Minnesota discovered road salt and snow plows a few years ago.) I just slow down when it snows, maybe a couple dozen days a year total.
The fact Nokian has been totally focused on winter driving tires suggests to me these are going to prove to be "above average". You are right about their country of origin though.
I just put a set of WRG2s on my old 1998 E320 4matic. They are definitely noisier than the stock Continental Conti-Sports I had on there, but are noticeably less squirmy and significantly better in the corners. And they are much better on the road than my previous Haka R winter tires (which weren't themselves Blizzak terrible).

I saw the enTyre in the shop and noticed that they didn't have the Nokian siping, so I'd question their true winter capability, but I take your point on Nokian overall as a brand and their orientation. Do remember though that in much of snowbound Europe (including Finland too I believe), you actually have to have tires with the winter hazard sign during the winter months or you get fined, so if Nokian had meant them for winter use at all, they'd probably have the winter rating like the WRG2.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so happy everyone is so knowledgeable but reads poorly, pay attention.....The new Nokian eNTYRE was designed specifically for North America to give the driver ultimate safety, driving comfort and performance in an environmentally friendly tire. Our development team created an All-Season tire that has excellent wet grip, a smooth and quiet ride, long tread life, great handling and good winter grip when compared to other premium All-Season tires.
I am not claiming it competes with winter tires, I do not want a snow tire, I want an all season tire.
i know what you mean.
im interested to hear your feedback on these in the snow and beyond
like you, im looking for a really good tire for year round use that wont break the bank
also how much coin are these? you can pm that if you like
Old 12-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am so happy everyone is so knowledgeable but reads poorly, pay attention.....The new Nokian eNTYRE was designed specifically for North America to give the driver ultimate safety, driving comfort and performance in an environmentally friendly tire. Our development team created an All-Season tire that has excellent wet grip, a smooth and quiet ride, long tread life, great handling and good winter grip when compared to other premium All-Season tires.
I am not claiming it competes with winter tires, I do not want a snow tire, I want an all season tire.
Apparently not all of us read well enough to be able to parse Nokian's marketing department. But I think we're all saying the same thing, which is that we don't expect to the enTyre to have any real snow/ice performance.

Maybe where the confusion lies is in the phrase "...when compared to other premium All-Season tires" and the part they left out "which have no snow/ice grip at all." Thus the use of that vague phrase "winter grip," and the claim that they were "designed specifically for North America" with its presumed conclusion "where there are no winter tire ratings regulations."

Just a matter of flavors really, but in the end no siping = poor winter performance, no matter what the marketers say. Of course that won't matter much if you don't have many days of snow or ice and are just looking for a slightly softer compound for colder days.

Still it would be cool to her your feedback this winter. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

...and I don't think that I ever gotten less than 45k miles on the WRs or WRG2s on an allroad, various MB sedans, and even an R-class.