Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Manual swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual swap questions

So I have a 2001 allroad tiptragic, I just got a 2000 a6 manual to work on getting all of my swap parts in order and I was wondering about the ECU compatibility. I was wondering if I used the ECU and cluster from the a6 in the allroad. I would also switch out the lock cylinders to use the key that came with the parts car (hey it's a fob and the allroad doesnt have a proper key fob). Honestly just curious if that would be fine. Also the allroad has been converted to coils before I got it, was wondering if I could use the front axles off of the a6 instead of getting allroad specific axles. I do realize it would keep me off of air ride in the future, but if I want to bring it back to stock suspension eventually I'll just get axles too if this works. I'll eventually have more questions, but this will work for now as I can get started ordering parts if the ones off the car won't work, thanks for the answers in advance!
Old 10-26-2020, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
by swapping the ECU you should align the cluster and the ABS block, either. Without that, there would be no ABS, ESP and these lights would be lit constantly on the dashboard.
" front axles off of the a6 instead of getting allroad specific axles"
That is a problem. It is 1-1 inch narrower on each side (on the front). Not legal (in Europe) , and looks quite idiot in reality. The cornerning capabilities ... khm... I would not ride 25mm alu side plate under the alloy (in case it would be thick enough).

.. and it is a very hard work to make the swap. The mechanical part is the easiest. The electrical soldering , those minor ones should be made in extremely narrow and dark circumstances.
The Tiptronic is a very fine tool with extremely quick shiftings, if it is overhauled / maintained properly.

Last edited by PetrolBear; 10-26-2020 at 10:01 AM.